Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Chemical Guys HydroSlick Intense Gloss SiO2 Ceramic Coating HyperWax | Chemical Guys

This stuff is insane. Wipe on and wipe off 2 mins later. The gelcoat will be like a wet ice cube. The flake will explode and looks 3 dimensional. Has UV inhibitors, can be used on paint, gelcoat, plastic, rubber, possibly aluminum as well???? 1 application per season......Done! Dirt, waterline scum, and scents wipe off. Pipe sap was on the hood of the wifes 4runner, wiped right off.

For you guys with new or flawless gelcoats.....wash and your ready to go.
    For you guys with some oxidation (thats me), do what needs to be done such as wet sanding, compounding, and polishing. Apply and Done!
    For you guys with cooked gelcoat.......this may not be the stuff for you. I dont know.

There are other similar products out there, F1 may be one of them.

All the other products that you guys listed above all work and work well. Some of the products (BBS and a few others) clean, wax, and provide UV inhibitors. Others just wax. And the rest do a few things. Again, they all work but it really depends on what you can use on your boats condition, how much work or less work you want to do. But more importantly what your expectations are. I like BBS and Lucas slick mist, BBS cleans better and lucas edges out BBS with the shine. It was once written, "use what you like cause you'll use it more often". Hope this helps.

2. Member
    I have been using vinegar water mix to wipe down when I get home. For a few reasons I can’t usually wipe down at the dock. I have a lot of car products so I tried a couple of mist and shines I have and none of them took off the water spots. So I read thru this thread and a few others and decided I’ll try something else. So today I put on Turtle Wax ceramic graphine wax. I also got the Turtle Wax ceramic spray coating to use after boat use. I figure even if that doesn’t take off water spots I can use it following up the vinegar. Don’t know how well it will work but wanted something I could also use on my other vehicles if I want. Will see how it goes.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi520vx View Post
    Chemical Guys HydroSlick Intense Gloss SiO2 Ceramic Coating HyperWax | Chemical Guys

This stuff is insane. Wipe on and wipe off 2 mins later. The gelcoat will be like a wet ice cube. The flake will explode and looks 3 dimensional. Has UV inhibitors, can be used on paint, gelcoat, plastic, rubber, possibly aluminum as well???? 1 application per season......Done! Dirt, waterline scum, and scents wipe off. Pipe sap was on the hood of the wifes 4runner, wiped right off.

For you guys with some oxidation (thats me), do what needs to be done such as wet sanding, compounding, and polishing. Apply and Done!
    For you guys with cooked gelcoat.......this may not be the stuff for you. I dont know.

All the other products that you guys listed above all work and work well. Some of the products (BBS and a few others) clean, wax, and provide UV inhibitors. Others just wax. And the rest do a few things. Again, they all work but it really depends on what you can use on your boats condition, how much work or less work you want to do. But more importantly what your expectations are. I like BBS and Lucas slick mist, BBS cleans better and lucas edges out BBS with the shine. It was once written, "use what you like cause you'll use it more often". Hope this helps.

This product looks very promising. I noticed the website notes:

• Applicable Materials: Painted Surfaces Glass Headlights Chrome Wheels

Did you find a source stating it is safe for plastic, rubber, gelcoat, etc?
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    This product looks very promising. I noticed the website notes:

• Applicable Materials: Painted Surfaces Glass Headlights Chrome Wheels

Did you find a source stating it is safe for plastic, rubber, gelcoat, etc?
    Yes, its on their website and on the bottle. I bought this stuff to use on my truck and the wifes 4runner cause its a ceramic coating that can be done by a DIY'er and not a pro shop. The results are almost mind blowing. Both looked like they just rolled off the assembly line and the appearance of 10 layers of clear coat. So, I tried some in the splash well along with BBS, lucas, and a product a lot of people swear by. My spashwell looks like pie-graph. The hydroslick next to the un-named makes the un-named look like nothing was applied even thou it did do its job.
    Buy a bottle and try it on your car or truck if they have a good paint finish cause this stuff will magnify defects. If you like what you see, try a test spot on the boat.

BTW, I have no affiliation with any of these companies. I just want to find the best product that works for my boat.

5. Member
    Yes, its on their website and on the bottle. I bought this stuff to use on my truck and the wifes 4runner cause its a ceramic coating that can be done by a DIY'er and not a pro shop. The results are almost mind blowing. Both looked like they just rolled off the assembly line and the appearance of 10 layers of clear coat. So, I tried some in the splash well along with BBS, lucas, and a product a lot of people swear by. My spashwell looks like pie-graph. The hydroslick next to the un-named makes the un-named look like nothing was applied even thou it did do its job.
    Buy a bottle and try it on your car or truck if they have a good paint finish cause this stuff will magnify defects. If you like what you see, try a test spot on the boat.

BTW, I have no affiliation with any of these companies. I just want to find the best product that works for my boat.

Great info.

I guess I overlooked it on their website. I will definitely buy a bottle and try it and then maybe use the CG ceramic quick detailer as a wipe down each time I load up.

My truck is ceramic coated (professionally applied) but my wife has a new Jeep that is not. I’ll try the CG’s product on it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    Great info.

I guess I overlooked it on their website. I will definitely buy a bottle and try it and then maybe use the CG ceramic quick detailer as a wipe down each time I load up.

My truck is ceramic coated (professionally applied) but my wife has a new Jeep that is not. I’ll try the CG’s product on it.
    I did a 4Runner and a Tacoma and still have over half a bottle left. Your wifes new Jeep would be a perfect test subject side by side with your truck. If you like the results, do the boat.
    Report back with your thoughts.

7. Member

It's really that easy to apply??

8. Member
    I did a 4Runner and a Tacoma and still have over half a bottle left. Your wifes new Jeep would be a perfect test subject side by side with your truck. If you like the results, do the boat.
    Report back with your thoughts.
    Order placed and I will, thanks again.

Finally used the Chemical Guys Hydro Speed Ceramic Quick Detailer today. Talk about some serious shine. It really makes the colors pop on my boat. It went on and wiped off super easy. Now curious to see how it holds up but it for sure shines up a boat big time. It took off water spots super easy too. No oily residue at all. Just a deep rich shine.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 09-16-2022 at 09:17 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Handwich View Post
    It's really that easy to apply??
    Yes, apply with a sponge applicator. Let sit for 1-2 mins and wipe/polish off.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Finally used the Chemical Guys Hydro Speed Ceramic Quick Detailer today talk about some serious shine. It really makes the colors pop. It went on and wiped off super easy. Now curious to see how it holds up but it for sure shines about as good as anything I have used. No oily residue at all. Just a deep rich shine.
    I havnt used the quick detailer but Im not surprised at the results. Im curious as how long that lasts. The Hydro slick is supposed to last 1 yr.

12. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Finally used the Chemical Guys Hydro Speed Ceramic Quick Detailer today. Talk about some serious shine. It really makes the colors pop on my boat. It went on and wiped off super easy. Now curious to see how it holds up but it for sure shines up a boat big time. It took off water spots super easy too. No oily residue at all. Just a deep rich shine.
    So I used this today for first time and I love chemical guys products but not impressed with this stuff. Maybe I got a bad bottle but I followed directions and just don’t feel it’s any better. Is yours the consistency of jello like mine? I shook it forever with little change. Thinking about taking it back I’m that disappointed which is shocking as I use CG a lot
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    So I used this today for first time and I love chemical guys products but not impressed with this stuff. Maybe I got a bad bottle but I followed directions and just don’t feel it’s any better. Is yours the consistency of jello like mine? I shook it forever with little change. Thinking about taking it back I’m that disappointed which is shocking as I use CG a lot

I think you got a bad bottle. Mine is same consistency of BBS, Lucas and BTS.

14. Member

USA

Well, now you've done it. I went ahead and placed an order for this stuff to give it a try. Will post results on this thread.

15. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Handwich View Post
    Well, now you've done it. I went ahead and placed an order for this stuff to give it a try. Will post results on this thread.
    hope you have better results then I did
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    I tried the ceramic coating hyper wax. It is sort of like broken up jello. Looked good, for about 4 days.

I'm going to stick with the old nufinish in the orange bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by tommoorehouse View Post
    I tried the ceramic coating hyper wax. It is sort of like broken up jello. Looked good, for about 4 days.

I'm going to stick with the old nufinish in the orange bottle.

I have not used the wax, just the Ceramic Quick Detailer. It sprays on and wipes off. They are two separate products.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 09-22-2022 at 09:22 PM.

18. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I have not used the wax, just the Ceeamuc Quick Detailer. It sprays on and wipes off. They are two separate products.
    oh, now I understand why you said yours is like bbs or slick mist; we were talking two different products
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

19. Member
    Well just to give a review to my recommendation earlier, which was Turtle wax ceramic paste and detail spray. So I waxed the boat like 2 weeks ago, I have had it out about 5 times since. The ceramic coating so far is holding up nicely. The detail spray is excellent, it goes on easy and comes off easy, takes off grime and water spots. Again will have to wait long term to see how it lasts. Also did the wifes 2004 Jeep Liberty today with the wax. It looks really good. Not showroom new but it shines nice for an old car. The boat still looks great as well.

Again I know a lot of the products here work just as well i'm sure, maybe better. Just giving a review of something different I wanted to try.
    Attached Images Attached Images

20. Member
    I never used to be a turtle wax fan, but their line of hybrid solutions ceramic spray and 3-1 ceramic detail spray have won me over. I've used it exclusively now for a couple years and IMO it blows away the old BBS, BTS, and Wax as u dry marine sprays I've used in the past. For the boat, every spring I wipe it down with a 50/50 mix of alcohol/water and go over it with 3M finesse it II finishing glaze and then 2 coats of the TW ceramic spray 24 hours apart. Throughout the season about once a month I use with the detailer and the boat remains easy to clean all year and nothing sticks to it. Terrific shine throughout the year.

I do the same with my vehicles also minus the finesse it II glaze. Product works awesome but I'm always intrigued by new products and may consider the Chem Guys products mentioned here. I will say though my experience with Chem Guys microfiber polishing towels has been horrible. They are absolute garbage that lint like crazy even after following their washing instructions.
    Last edited by Bassin Bob71; 09-23-2022 at 09:44 AM.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast