Ghost shaft length and wedge help

Any of you guys running a Ghost on a TR186 or 196? I am purchasing the 5 degree AMP wedge based on some suggestions elsewhere but my main question is what shaft length to purchase. I am finding some 47" in stock at a couple of places for $3,250. Anybody have issues with these constantly coming out of the water? I occasionally fish some rough stuff but really try to stay out of it as much as I can. Most of my fishing is docks, timber, grass, etc.

2. Member
    I just installed a 52". I have a 04 triton and I didn't need the wedge I used when I had my ultrex.

3. Member
    I put a 47 on my 196. It was a fairly easy installation and I didn’t put a wedge on it. The holes lined up from my motorguide, so I didn’t have to drill any holes. I can see a crappie jig on the sonar in 20 ft of water with no problem. I haven’t had any issues with it coming out of the water other than a few wake boats.

Here’s a video of the install.

4. Member
    I used the wedge on mine. It actually helped bring it down in the back so my cover would still fit. Without the wedge it wouldn't fit at all. And I am running the 47" which has been fine in rough water.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100