Converting from center steer to side

I'm considering buying a 2003, however my sticking point is at this time it is center steer with only one bucket up front. I would like to convert it to two buckets up front and a side steer, or slide steer. What is involved in making this conversion? Anyone with any insight that can help would be appreciated.
    2002 gambler 2100
    2008 250 proxs

2. Member
    I let Todd at Allison convert mine. Had some wiring issues fixed and hydraulic steering installed along with a new steering wheel.
    The seat mounting is simple, just unscrew the base and find the holes on the right side and screw the base down. If you have cable steering you might be able to slide the wheel over, I don't know, but when you do you'll have a big hole left in the dash. You can buy a new dash panel to cover it up or mount a humminbird 899 there like I did.

Super simple. There is an aluminum plate in the floor so it's easy to mount a new bracket or a slider. For the dash I cut the hole where I wanted the wheel to be and then a slot between the 2 holes and I move it back and forth sometimes depending on what I'm doing or what mood I'm in, takes about a minute. I do have a second dash cover I put on too. I have hydraulic steering so the slot is about the width of the hydraulic hose.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet02 View Post
    Super simple. There is an aluminum plate in the floor so it's easy to mount a new bracket or a slider. For the dash I cut the hole where I wanted the wheel to be and then a slot between the 2 holes and I move it back and forth sometimes depending on what I'm doing or what mood I'm in, takes about a minute. I do have a second dash cover I put on too. I have hydraulic steering so the slot is about the width of the hydraulic hose.
    Thats what I did on my old 2003