Thread: Alpha Angler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alpha Angler

I don’t see a lot of info on these rods aside from their website. Looking for feedback on the 7’2 ML Finesse spinning rod.

2. Member
    I own that exact rod and love it for ned rigs, spybaits and swimbaits. Soft tip, nice transition to backbone. Light, sensitive and well balanced (I have an Exsense on it).

Quote Originally Posted by heelamonster View Post
    I own that exact rod and love it for ned rigs, spybaits and swimbaits. Soft tip, nice transition to backbone. Light, sensitive and well balanced (I have an Exsense on it).
    How's the reel seat? I'm really interested in this rod for smallie fishing.

4. Member
    Hard to find a whole lot on them since they are direct to consumer. All their blanks are made in the U.S., and in my opinion are super sensitive. The guys up there are always willing to take calls to answer questions.

5. Member
    I've got all of their spinning rods, and most of their casting rods. The 7'2" ML is just like Heelamonster described. I use mine for neds, and as a second drop shot rod. If you want something for all of your finesse smallmouth stuff then this is a good rod. What techniques will you be using it for primarily?

Quote Originally Posted by DubyaDee View Post
    I've got all of their spinning rods, and most of their casting rods. The 7'2" ML is just like Heelamonster described. I use mine for neds, and as a second drop shot rod. If you want something for all of your finesse smallmouth stuff then this is a good rod. What techniques will you be using it for primarily?
    Finesse swimbaits, Ned’s, hair jigs 1/8oz etc. I have a Orochi XX Whipsnake but being that it’s 6’11 I find the casting distance isn’t great at times with lighter baits.

7. Member
    I have several of this model. Love it for dropshot and ned fishing. Love how the rod loads on a fish. Excellent rods. I also own the wrench and tac mag
    Nitro z21

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanDLTH View Post
    Finesse swimbaits, Ned’s, hair jigs 1/8oz etc. I have a Orochi XX Whipsnake but being that it’s 6’11 I find the casting distance isn’t great at times with lighter baits.
    That rod will be perfect for that stuff. It's got a better action than the whipsnake (I have a levante whipsnake) for launching light baits. Most guys on the AA prostaff have a coupon code to share too.

9. Member
    I dont have that model, but have a couple others. The wrench is the one I use the most. Great rods.

10. Member
    That rod will be perfect for that stuff. It's got a better action than the whipsnake (I have a levante whipsnake) for launching light baits. Most guys on the AA prostaff have a coupon code to share too.
    where does one find that code lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan19 View Post
    where does one find that code lol
    Right? I have not a clue.

12. Member
    Not sure about the code but they definitely have seasonal sales. I can tell you first hand they answer emails expeditiously - either from the owner or chief rod builder so you’re talking to actual folks that do the work. I’d email them and just ask, I’m sure they’d be glad to help you out.

13. Member
    JoeLaBarbera20 should get you 10%

14. Member
    Do u know who makes there blanks or what module rati g they are

15. Member
    JoeLaBarbera20 should get you 10%
    Thanks

16. Member
    This is a one of the best, under the radar, all around finesse sticks. As everyone has said, it does a lot of finesse techniques very well. And the customer service is top notch.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    I have several of this model. Love it for dropshot and ned fishing. Love how the rod loads on a fish. Excellent rods. I also own the wrench and tac mag
    How's the TacMag weight wise ? I've been thinking about this as a heavier tube rod in deep water and a paddle tail swimbait in the 3.85 to 4.25 inch size on a 3/8 ounce jig head. If the action on that rod is as parabolic as say the drop shot in the finesse rod, I would think it would excel at all of those techniques. Just heard that it's a big heavy stick??

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    I dont have that model, but have a couple others. The wrench is the one I use the most. Great rods.
    What other rods have you fished to compare the Wrench to? Just curious on the sensitivity of the rod versus say an Expride, Tatula Elite AGS or a Megabass Orochi ?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MainelySmallmouth View Post
    How's the TacMag weight wise ? I've been thinking about this as a heavier tube rod in deep water and a paddle tail swimbait in the 3.85 to 4.25 inch size on a 3/8 ounce jig head. If the action on that rod is as parabolic as say the drop shot in the finesse rod, I would think it would excel at all of those techniques. Just heard that it's a big heavy stick??

it is a big rod but it balances out so nicely and would do exactly what you need. I’ve used it drifting 1/2 tubes in 50’. Zero issues always solid hooksets. It just works.
    Nitro z21

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    it is a big rod but it balances out so nicely and would do exactly what you need. I’ve used it drifting 1/2 tubes in 50’. Zero issues always solid hooksets. It just works.
    I think I'll pick one up. Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast