First Trailer Issue

Noticed yesterday after putting in one of my bunks already has torn carpet and the wood is deteriorating. Mine is a 2020 model purchased new in 2021. It's the Starboard side and at the back of the bunk. I figure even if it's a warranty item probably faster and easier to just replace it. Dang it.

2. Member
    If your dealer isn't close, benchmark can send new bunks within a day. I know many many folks who have. The 2020 year has a different pile carpet on their bunks, than 2021,2022,2023 years. Good luck.

3. Member
    Call Robbie at Benchmark, he sent a buddy of mine with same model and same issue no questions asked. Kyle had them in about three days, they have addressed the issue.

Thanks guys! I guess I'll call benchmark and see what they say!

Here's the response I received from Benchmark: We have a 2 year warranty, unfortunately this trailer is no longer under warranty. We can sell you a full set of bunks 2- 7’ bunks 2- 10’ bunks. The cost of bunks & freight is $200 + 231.66 totaling $431.66.
    If you would like to proceed, we accept checks (bunks shipped upon receipt), or credit card with a 3% charge.

I'll reach out to the dealer and see if there are any other remedies but I'm not holding my breath....

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    Here's the response I received from Benchmark: We have a 2 year warranty, unfortunately this trailer is no longer under warranty. We can sell you a full set of bunks 2- 7’ bunks 2- 10’ bunks. The cost of bunks & freight is $200 + 231.66 totaling $431.66.
    If you would like to proceed, we accept checks (bunks shipped upon receipt), or credit card with a 3% charge.

I'll reach out to the dealer and see if there are any other remedies but I'm not holding my breath....
    Definitely reach out to your dealer, nothing else maybe they will do the labor for free. I would check with your local lumber company and see what some treated 2 x 6 and add some good grade carpet, dealer should have the carpet in stock.

Anyone have experience with Tuff Bunks? Wondering if that's a better long term solution compared to carpet.

Anyone have experience with Tuff Bunks? Wondering if that's a better long term solution compared to carpet.
    I purchased them this year for my Z7, they do take some getting use to but I believe they will last longer then carpet.
    Nitro Z-7 2013
    Mercury ProXS 150

Quote Originally Posted by elozzi View Post
    I purchased them this year for my Z7, they do take some getting use to but I believe they will last longer then carpet.
    Is it harder to load or easier?

Is it harder to load or easier?
    A little harder as the boat don't slide like it does on carpet, so you need to put the trailer deeper in the water.
    Nitro Z-7 2013
    Mercury ProXS 150