New Propane Grill

Looking for a new propane grill. Tired of buying cheap ones and replacing them too often. Any suggestions? Under $1,000 please.

2. Member
    I have a Weber. I think it’s the Spirit II. Its a 3-burner and has been fantastic.

3. Member
    Not sure what your situation is, but if your gas grill is going to be in the same spot I would think hard about having it plumbed into your natural gas line. I’ve done that on my last couple of grills, never have to worry about running out of propane or messing with filling tanks. If you have the option, I would never use propane. That said, I agree for the money Weber makes the best gas grill. I replaced my Weber after years of good service and went with a more expensive “Lion” brand, I would rather have my old Weber. Most manufacturers, including weber offer a natural gas option.

I used a Weber Genesis recently. Nuthin’ fancy. Three burner and no frills. Looked well built and sturdy. Simple design with no extra add ons to break. Hot dogs, burgers, wings, steaks, and one 4 hour rib cook with a smoke tube. Loved it. This one was hooked to a natural gas line. Best gas grill I’ve used.

5. Member
    Wilmington Grill...SB...
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

6. Member
    Bought a Weber Genesis S-435. Got a great deal only 5 miles from my home. Thanks for the help!

Infrared is the way, no more grease fires. I have the Char-Broil, anyone in the family can cook on it.
    I BELIEVE!!!!

Napoleon
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Napoleon
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

10. Member
    I have a 23 year old Weber BBQ at home, still working fine, it is the natural gas version, no more running out of fuel or having 2 tanks !

11. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybfishing View Post
    Infrared is the way, no more grease fires. I have the Char-Broil, anyone in the family can cook on it.
    We have a four burner Char-Broil Commercial Series TRU-infrared grill with a side burner that I got from the kids as a Father's Day gift six or eight years ago and it has been the best grill I've ever owned, by far. No flare ups and super easy to cook on. That particular model has gone up in price a little over the years but is still available for $600 or so.

As an aside, I purchased a Pit Boss combination pellet smoker/propane grill from Academy this year since our Char-Broil grill was due for new grates and emitter plates. The smoker portion is fantastic but the propane grill has been a real disappointment so we've continued to use our Char-Broil grill. I'm pretty sure I'll continue to use it until it literally falls apart which I think might not happen in the remaining time I've got on this earth!
    Last edited by AveryF; 09-07-2022 at 03:59 PM.

12. Member
    I bought a Weber Q320 (Now Q3200 I believe) and it took my grilling skills to another level. For me and my style of grilling its the only one I'll ever have.