Thread: 01 200efi

Question 01 200efi

#0T385030 had a new powerhead installed in September and currently has approximately 15hrs on it. I was very exact when performing the break in process. I felt the only time the motor ran good was during break in. It started to be sluggish getting on plane then once got on plane it felt down on power. PTP 3 3/4 boat would only run 50 @ 5200 rpm. After fishing for an hour the boat would not go on plane and wouldn’t go over 2k rpm and would shutter and bog down. Took it back to the dealer and was told the ECU was bad and they sent it off for a reprogram/repair. Once they got it back was told the boat was better but still not right. They found the crank trigger and the control module for the fuel injection timing was bad. Replaced with new components. Then they notice the fuel pump that mounted to the motor was leaking and replaced with new. Was told it ran great in their pit. Took it to the lake Saturday and had the same problems as when I dropped it off. I’m at a loss and tired of throwing money at it. Any ideas? I have a video of it acting up but not sure how to post it from my phone.

I will be calling the dealer on Monday not sure how that conversation is going to go. But, at this point I’m approximately 10k in repairs.

New:
    Powerhead
    ECU
    Crank Trigger
    Injector Timing module
    Fuel line and bulb
    Spark Plugs

2. Member
    Forgot to add if you put it in neutral it will rev but as soon as it’s in gear it falls on its face.

3. Member
    incompetence abounds , your paying for their learning , parts changers , is it MONDAY ALREADY
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Joe, what would you suggest?

5. Member
    fuel psi test first
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    I’m currently pulling it back to the dealer. When I get there I’ll be asking. They sent me a video of it running in their pit and it’s a drastic change from when I got it.

7. Member
    report back with findings and amount of refund

8. Member
    As soon as I hear something I will. Refund ��

9. Member
    Spoke with the dealer and they said they were doing CDM tests and would let me know.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Don't overlook the Intake Air Temp Sensor, TPS and port temperature sensors. Especially the IAT.

Also- have you checked to make sure the tuner is securely fastened to the bottom of the adapter plate?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

11. Member
    I will mention all of this to them.

12. Member
    dont let them slide on this ,you paid for repair get one , report back with progress please

13. Member
    Was told a vacuum line became disconnected that was connected to a sensor that told the computer what to do. But, they offered me a crazy amount for trade in that I couldn’t walk away from for the boat being an 02 and well used. So now I have a ‘22 Z518 with Lowrance 9 inch graphs and a Ghost and a platinum warranty. Lol

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    We'll watch for this one to end up posting by a future owner....

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

15. Member
    ^^^^^^^ +100 ^^^^^^^