New Caymas CX20 HELP

New to Caymas as of 2 weeks ago with 2 ?’s on Hole Shot and live wells
    24P prop with Atlas JP
    Came out of 2-17 Rangers 519 + 521C with Evinrude G2 No Hydraulic jackplates and never had Hydraulic JP

?’s
    Have been out with boat 6 times to date and yesterday was a full tournament load ,
    Hole shot was rough all day .
    what is correct hole shot procedure ,
    motor trimmed all the way down and JP @ 5 .

livewell procedure for tournaments as Caymas and Ranger have different operating setups.
    The bottom plugs are out of tanks and filled all the way to top this seems wrong.
    My Ranger filled to 3/4 full with FlowRite setups.
    Want to keep live wells dialed in as I’ll run all day and not play with the timer.
    On the Rangers I just ran auto all day .

2. Member
    Why are your plugs out? And they will fill but as you make a run they will drain if not plugged. It’s very simple, put the plugs in and fill them up and run auto or timed. If you have the freshwater pickup, turn the valve on at the head, if you have it, there will be two heads in there..

23 Fury is probably the best 3 blade prop for overall performance and hole shot especially in warm weather. I run a 23p 4 blade Razor XL from Croxton on my CX21 and really like it.

Livewells are what Cx21Pro said....plug them and fill them up. Turn on the timer and pickup valves.

4. Member
    My CX20 comes out of the hole best with the JP all the way up and trim all the way down (Fury 24P). As the boat comes on plane, I lower the JP and start trimming it. For the livewells, I bought a couple of brass ringed drain plugs that you flip to close to secure the bottom of the livewell (I had the rubber ones fall out while running) and usually run the livewells on continues freshwater (Lake Erie only) or timed recirc (Ohio River). I hope that this helps.