New to Me 1998 Tracker Nitro

Elderly friend of mine that hasn't been able to take his boat out in years, offered it to me at a sweet deal. I listed my 14 foot jon boat on craigslist and sold it in 2 days. It was bittersweet to see the old boat go, it was set up like a bass boat...casting deck, 12/24v trolling motor with foot pedal, 25hp mercury. The tiller steer was a bit of pain for longer running up the rivers though...but it was a great fishing platform for the shallows. The current new project to throw money into needs some work up front. The previous owner hasn't taken it out for 4 years...but he started it periodically, up until a year and half ago when the water pump stopped. It still fires up and the batteries seem to be holding a charge, it has the onboard charger, which he used. The plan is to get it titled and registered, then off to the boat yard. Have the pump (impellar) replaced and tune up. I'm fairly certain I could do the work myself, with a bit of time and cussing...but I'd rather spend the money on a professional and start off on the best foot possible. I drained 10 gallons of the old fuel out with the priming bulb..so much fun and add some new ethanol free fuel back in. Any advice or things to look out for from you guys previous experience?IMG_20190816_113727_2.jpgIMG_20220824_140451_059.jpg

2. Member
    Congrats on the new boat!! Sounds like you're on the right path to getting her water ready. You'll get use to the tilt/trim. Just remember, trim all the way down to get on plane.....and then adjust from there. Watch the wakes from the boats on the Potomac, some can be real doozies! Good luck, be safe, and enjoy!!

3. Member
    Thank you Sir....it is so painful waiting to get it in the water. Thinking I will just take the cover off and cast in the front yard LOL. Catch my fictional PBs. I honestly think my buddy is more excited than I am. We both acquired jon boats at the same time and take turns running them with each other. He has been asking for updates a few times a day.