Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL LO View Post
    I'd worry more about house taxes than vehicle excise tax in either state
    And the cost of buying a home in either state.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

2. Member
    In excited for the possible move; but holy cow New England has tied itself into knots with regulations. I'm definitely going to have to join a bass club as soon as I get there.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Go to NH , I know nothing about Conn but forget Mass ! Sales tax , income tax, property tax , excise tax, meals tax, tax on booze , some towns have local tax at restaurants , state taxes if you sell your house, now citys are looking at a sales tax on your house when you sell , do yourself a favor skip Mass.
    I'm with you. NH has better tax environment, better quality of living environment, less government interference and could possess some of the best scenic beauty / outdoor recreation in New England. It would be worth the commute and if a chance for work remote days it would be a NO BRAINER.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis__1 View Post
    In excited for the possible move; but holy cow New England has tied itself into knots with regulations. I'm definitely going to have to join a bass club as soon as I get there.
    Let us know what you decide. I'm curious. If you're only staying for 5 yrs or so, maybe find a house to rent instead of buying? If not, look in the low property tax towns first. Get a good realtor, not one from a big conglomerate or franchise. You want one that knows the areas you are looking into. Believe me there are a lot of brokers or realtors that just want a commission and will sell you anything. If you start asking questions and he/she doesn't have the answers, move on and find another.

5. Member
    Will do.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Many, many moons ago I worked in Windsor Locks at Hamilton Standard now Hamilton Sunstrand. I lived in Southwick on Congamond Lakes. If you have to go into work Southwick Mass, Westfield Ma, Feeding Hills, Springfield, West SPringfield or Agawam. In CT anything north of Hartford areas are nice. If you like Italian food your going to be in hog heaven.

7. Member
    Another question... lead. Do I read it right that anything with lead is prohibited? Crankbaits, jigs, swimbait hooks, spinnerbaits, etc... all has to go?

MA has a ban against lead sinkers and jigs (jigs includes any weighted hook) under 1 oz, not sure about CT

2009 ELITE 210

9. Member
    NH definitely does as well
    Red Sox in 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis__1 View Post
    Another question... lead. Do I read it right that anything with lead is prohibited? Crankbaits, jigs, swimbait hooks, spinnerbaits, etc... all has to go?

No, if they are under one inch and does not pertain to lures. Here's the regulation

Lead Sinkers, Lead Weights, and Lead Jigs Weighing Less Than an Ounce. Any sinker or weight made from lead that weighs less than 1 ounce, and any lead jig (meaning any lead-weighted hook) that weighs less than 1 ounce, is prohibited for use in all inland waters of the Commonwealth. The term lead sinker shall not include any other sinkers, weights, fishing lures or fishing tackle including, but not limited to, artificial lures, hooks, weighted flies, and lead-core or other weighted fishing lines.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Many, many moons ago I worked in Windsor Locks at Hamilton Standard now Hamilton Sunstrand. I lived in Southwick on Congamond Lakes. If you have to go into work Southwick Mass, Westfield Ma, Feeding Hills, Springfield, West SPringfield or Agawam. In CT anything north of Hartford areas are nice. If you like Italian food your going to be in hog heaven.
    I used to work many years ago at Hamilton Standard as well. Building 1 Cam and Sleeve line. Lived in Windsor Locks.

Congamond Lake has some good LMB and some huge smallies in it. That lake unless regs have changed you can fish the whole thing with Mass or CT license. You will be 4 hrs from Champlain. Just got back from a trip there, 3 days over 75 SMB many over 4lbs. Best lake in New England for sure!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12