2021 TRX 20 Wiring Question

Looking to add a house battery to my setup.

Currently running an HDS 12 at the console, an HDS 16 and 12 plus Active Target and a Rite Hite Turret at the bow. All wired to the starting battery.

Starting battery is an X2, 31 series AGM. I have 3 Impulse Lithium 60 AMP trolling motor batteries running a Ghost.

Had the boat for just over a year, just recently started to have a low voltage issues (front depth finders flashing when starting the big motor). I have the Power Pole Charge. I am a little concerned that the Charge is going to maintenance mode before the starting battery is fully topped off. I also have a constant "Out of Balance" issue between the TM batteries that never seems to go away. PP says the diagnostics show the Charge is working fine, but I am not convinced yet. Never had an issue on the water until 3 weeks ago.

A couple of questions.

1. What gauge wire comes stock from the factory for electronics on a 2021 TRX 20 Patriot?

2. What size/type battery is recommended?

3. Should I keep just the electronics/depth finders on this house battery? Or include everything (pumps, lights, power poles, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    The factory wiring that came on 2020 21TRX is 10awg. I ran 8awg to a dedicated fuse block that I mounted inside the starboard side rod locker and then ran 10awg from there to each device. I’m currently running (2) HDS 16s, (1) HDS 9, (1) Helix 10, Mega 360 and Active Target all being powered by my Full River AGM cranker. So far this season it has held up okay as long as I don’t stay in one spot for more than a few hours. But I’m planning to swap to Lithiums for next season just to play it safe.