Point 1 problem at speed

Just picked up a beautiful new CX21 pro. As everyone knows the pro comes with a point 1 already installed from the factory. Mine works perfectly when my big motor is off or if I am just idling around. The second I get over 2500 rpms my heading rotates approx 20% to the clockwise making the map rotate counterclockwise approx 20%. I have checked everything including multiple calibrations. It really seams to be some sort of interference with the bit motor/alternator or something. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be or what to do about it?

2. Member
    Had same issue on my last boat and if I turned hard at speed opposite of the arrow it would straighten up, never did figure it out and anytime I asked anyone or showed them they scratched their head as well. My 23 model point one is mounted same place as my 22model and it does not do that at all. Hopefully someone wil come along and have so knowledge about this.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbacks View Post
    Just picked up a beautiful new CX21 pro. As everyone knows the pro comes with a point 1 already installed from the factory. Mine works perfectly when my big motor is off or if I am just idling around. The second I get over 2500 rpms my heading rotates approx 20% to the clockwise making the map rotate counterclockwise approx 20%. I have checked everything including multiple calibrations. It really seams to be some sort of interference with the bit motor/alternator or something. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be or what to do about it?
    Go to the Lowrance page and post your problem, someone will be able to help you there.

No need for heading to be active at the console. Turn heading off and use Coarse
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

5. Member
    Figured out that the charging system (alternator) was causing interference with the antenna. I moved it and all problems dissapeared.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbacks View Post
    Figured out that the charging system (alternator) was causing interference with the antenna. I moved it and all problems dissapeared.
    Thanks for sharing that info!!