Cracked AVX Hull

Does anyone have a contact email for someone higher up at Vexus? I have been boatless for 7 weeks now and have not been able to get a clear answer from the dealer on when I can expect Vexus to pick the boat up.

Call Ryan Patterson at the factory. He’s always been super helpful when I’ve spoken to him.

3. Member
    Thanks. I’ll try that.

4. Member
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

5. Member
    Emailed him this morning about my cracked hull and he responded right away. Btw I haven’t been boatless more than a week during the whole process. Vexus had my dealer patch my crack so I’d have a boat in the mean time. Wonder why your dealer didn’t do that.

6. Member
    They attempted to weld, but it continued to leak. Took them about 3 weeks to get that done. May be more of a dealer issue, I’m just trying to see if they can expedite things.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pjsellers View Post
    They attempted to weld, but it continued to leak. Took them about 3 weeks to get that done. May be more of a dealer issue, I’m just trying to see if they can expedite things.
    What year model was your 1980? I am hoping there are no more issues with the newer boats with .125" thick aluminum. Been watching for post like this to see.

8. Member
    When did your claim get filed? I found my crack on 7/1/22 and called them that day and took the boat to my dealer the next day. I’m still waiting, although I haven’t worried about It due to having a boat to use in the mean time.