Fiberglass on Fletchers??

Can anyone tell me if fletchers pond up by hillman is boatable? Was up there many years ago, and i hit stumps in a 12 foot aluminum. If I took the phoenix up there, would i be confined to just the troller? Its a pretty big lake, not sure if it would be worth it or not..tia

I have been fishing tournaments there in my glass boats for over 20 years. Common sense is a good start, but there’s always a risk. You cannot run all over the lake without potential damage. I see guys do it all the time, but they are much luckier than I am. Lol

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

I would not run on plane myself, though some do. I would still go if want to fish it and just keep your speed to 10MPH or less.

Thanks guys, im not lucky either!

5. Member
    I ran around on it a couple of days without incident. I was aware of the risk though. Got lucky.

Ok big question is, are there any good fish in the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post

Not like it used too....

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Member
    I've fished it a bunch and never put the boat on plane as I have very bad luck. As Mike said, it isn't the fishery it used to be. You might still have good days out there, but it has really dropped off in the last 10 years. It is always enjoyable however, due to no recreational traffic and the surrounding area is beautiful.

Thanks again everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    It has both Largemouth and Smallmouth in it. It's been a few years since I've been there but when I did go I saw some big fish caught (5 pound class for both species). Personally though, it's not for me. The lake fishes like a big shallow hay field that's filled with stumps. It all looks the same. Just keep casting away in any direction type lake. At least that was my impression.

Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post
    It has both Largemouth and Smallmouth in it. It's been a few years since I've been there but when I did go I saw some big fish caught (5 pound class for both species). Personally though, it's not for me. The lake fishes like a big shallow hay field that's filled with stumps. It all looks the same. Just keep casting away in any direction type lake. At least that was my impression.
    I saw a YouTube video where the guy said it all fishes the same. No stump better than the next is what he reported.