dartag1829

Other lakes around the Harris Chain

Hoping to bring my Ranger down this winter. Have fished the Harris Chain in other or rented boats the last couple years. Curious about other lakes close by. Deaton, Okahumpka, Miona, Panasoffke or any others around the area. Looking to get off the beaten path.

Thanks

Steve in Michigan.

2. Member
    IMO, the Harris Chain is the premier spot. Pretty hard to beat.
    If you want something different ... try Tsala Apopka, it's pretty.

3. Member
    Panasoffkee is good one to try of the lakes mentioned. Consistently produces good fish . Shallow and very clear water.

4. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    Panasoffkee is good one to try of the lakes mentioned. Consistently produces good fish . Shallow and very clear water.
    I rented a row boat there. Went all the way to the east and drifted back. Caught a lot of 1-2 pounders on a trap.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Hoping to bring my Ranger down this winter. Have fished the Harris Chain in other or rented boats the last couple years. Curious about other lakes close by. Deaton, Okahumpka, Miona, Panasoffke or any others around the area. Looking to get off the beaten path.

I have seen Deaton pretty packed especially with snowbirds, think The Villages have adopted it. All of the ones you mentioned can be good. A ton of good fishing around here.

Weir, Yale, Ocala National Forest and Orange are a few more

6. Member
    You can try Holly Chain, Clermont chain, Johns lake also and Butler Chain