AVX Paint Scratches Easily

I really like my Vexus AVX 1880 boat but I'm a little disappointed in how easily the paint scratches. I noticed it will scratch just from a bump along the dock when launching and loading. I guess the red flag should have been the touch up paint that is included with your AVX purchase...lol.

I use fenders at the dock. No scratches that way.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    I really like my Vexus AVX 1880 boat but I'm a little disappointed in how easily the paint scratches. I noticed it will scratch just from a bump along the dock when launching and loading. I guess the red flag should have been the touch up paint that is included with your AVX purchase...lol.
    Unfortunately the paint does scratch very easily. No matter how careful I am, my boat has its fair shares of scratches.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

4. Member
    This has to be my biggest complaint about Vexus boats, they really need to do some R&D on there paint.

5. Member
    Just a thought for you guys, and maybe I’m just too picky. I never let mine touch the docks. As I pull up to a dock I step out and push my boat out away and with the remote I hit the spot lock. When ready for the boat I bring it back with the remote and step back in before contacting the dock once again. All this does require you to have a remote of course.
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

6. Member
    I too am cautious at docks as well. I kept getting small scratches on top of the gunwales in the clear coat from normal use. Rubbing them out is very hard. You need a buffer and some pro grade compound. I solved that problem by having the clear chip guard film installed on top of the entire boat including the front and top of the outboard. I feel it was well worth the money. The paint Vexus uses is Imron and is one of the most durable automotive paints available.
    Good Luck.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

7. Member
    Docking isn't the only situation that causes scratches. Although I understand why it keeps getting mentioned.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

Yeah I loaned my boat to a couple of buddies for a night tournament and the guy in back must have been fishing a jig. I got a couple new dings in my gunnel paint.

9. Member
    I got a bunch of jig dings on mine as well. we are big jig users here. lol

I look at it this way. Its being used. Its going to get beat up. you should all see the bottom of my boat and I just got it this April. 99 percent of the lakes we fish here don't have docks. you got to pull it up on shore and 99 percent of the time those shores are rocky.

even driving our boats to alot of the places we launch from are logging rock roads. I got a wrangler and that thing kicks up rocks. I get in my boat some mornings and its mudded up already from my jeep throwing mud at it.

I take extreme care of my trucks. ceramic coating I do myself. my buddies said I was going to go nuts with having a boat cause of how I am with my trucks. they are very proud of me. lol. I have been beating it up.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spell173 View Post
    This has to be my biggest complaint about Vexus boats, they really need to do some R&D on there paint.

I would say second biggest complaint with the first being all the cracked hulls.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    Docking isn't the only situation that causes scratches. Although I understand why it keeps getting mentioned.

Agree. My scratches from slowly fishing stumpy areas. It’s annoying.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    It’s just part of the revolution