Livewell Plumbing Diagram 1998 Champion 221 dcx

Does anyone have a plumbing diagram for a '98 221 or something in that range? I would like to check the plumbing. Also, while I'm here. I'm confused about the difference between hydro-air and re-circulate. Are they the same thing? I thought hydro-air added air bubbles to oxygenate the water and re-circulate just moves the existing water to make it flow around without adding fresh water. Are they the same thing? I can't find a re-circulate switch and my pumps aren't working so I can't find which is which. Any help would be appreciated and a diagram would save an old man a lot of bilge diving. I have three pumps plus a bilge pump in my boat but I think one was left there by the original owner becaise it was contact cemented to the bottom of the boat.

2. Member
    On my '93 190 and now my '98 203, I had two switches/pumps. Hydroair is the one that circulates and "bubbles" the water in the livewell. Aerate is the one that filled the livewell.

As others have said in previous threads, the Hydroair should be towards the wall behind the livewell, whereas the aerate (fill) pump should be in the belly of the beast next to the actual bilge pump.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. I have the pump at the back of livewell. It's not working. I'm hoping I have enough room to get the motor out without moving the gas tank. It's tight. I have the aerator and it fills fine. I have a third pump glued to the hull in the bilge with a hose going under the gas tank. It has no hose the outside so it is not a fill pump. It's hard to get at where the hose goes without a helper. I'll have to draft one of the neighbor kids and see where it goes.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Don, since you have everything apparently apart, can you take pix of all the pumps? I'll help identify everything. If you can't post it, email pix to txchamp@suddenlink.net

5. Member
    Thanks for the offline help. I think I have it now!

6. Member
    Did you get the pump out without removing the tank?

7. Member
    I didn't try yet. It's at my cabin and I won't get there for a couple of weeks. Reggie helped me figure out what is what in my bilge so now I just have the non-running hydro pump to work on. I'm hoping I can twist it out. It hasn't been touched in 24 years. I'll let you know after I work on it.

8. Member
    Don how’s that going? Any progress? I’ve a 221 also and need to replace the Hydrp-Pump is the reason I’m asking.