Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Brian will let me know steel or not.

2. Member
    I’ll post a better pic of the pc.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Probably debris from somewhere in the cowling, or the compressor. ANYTHING loose in there will end up in the engine or the compressor (eventually).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thanks E-AM Brian plans on lake trip for a test run, told him what you said. Quick as he gets home he’s suppose to let me know metal or aluminum.

5. Member
    I tried to blow the piece up but it gets to blurred.

6. Member
    Well the piece that was stuck in the valve is missing in action so I won’t be able to say steel or aluminum. Their taking the triton out Friday for a run I’ll report in on how things went. We wanted to say THANK YOU GUYS! For all the help and guidance with troubleshooting and repair! Next up is a 89 70hp Evinrude 4 stroke that’s mine so I’ll have to swap over to the Johnson Evinrude section!

7. Member
    pic of 1989 4strk
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    pic of 1989 4strk

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Yikes! Sorry!

10. Member
    Guys 1999/2000 not 89. Really a mystery as the data plate is missing. I did however find the numbers on the freeze plug, but haven’t had much luck with them. I was hoping the SDS software might be able to pull the data from the ECU. I know the hours and such are displayed. I won’t yak much more about the Evinrude here, I need to move to the E/J section!

11. Member
    FYI: More to come on the Optimax, lake/river run this weekend!

12. Member
    Well everyone we can close this one out! Optimax did just fine! It’s case closed! Thanks again guys for all your help and guidance! BBC is outstanding! Proud to be a member!

13. Member
    glad it was simple
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123