Thread: Military jets ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Military jets ?

Was sitting on the dock on Big Green lake in Wisconsin today and watched and heard two large black jets chase/ follow each other over the lake for a half hour or so. Training ?

Dale Sinclair original

2. Member
    Northern Lightning Training exercise out of Volk Field to your West.

3. Member
    I have seen this over L. Okeechobee several times. We even held up a large Bass for the pilot and he went inverted.

4. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    It was cool to watch

Dale Sinclair original

5. Member
    Black jets? B-1s?

I’ve seen fighter jets fly right above our deck here at the lake years ago. My guess they were using the cooling towers at the power plant as targets. That was a cool site

7. Member
    If you have any pictures that are decent I can tell you what planes they are.

Back in the day we used grain bins, water towers, all kinds of landmarks to update radar fixes in the b52. Had to tighten up the INS boxes. No GPS stuff. Pissed off more than one farmer in the middle of nowhere at 2 AM as we blew past his home on a low level route. Fun times.

Back in the 90's fishing Toledo Bend, A-10 Warthogs use to practice/exercise/dive at the Pendleton bridge on a frequent basis. It was truly awesome to watch !
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

10. Member
    I had a ground attack jet buzz me on Rodman years ago (they were presumably bombing the target on Lake George)?

Air force did low level training over the Tennessee river where the Hiawasee comes in. Plenty of hilly terain to follow. Thet are very quite coming in, scared the crap out of me flying out.

The Green Mountain Boys here have 20 F-35’s that fly around frequently. There are a lot of people that oppose them here. Eff them, the jets can fly over my house anytime!

When I used to work at a customer site in VT, I’d see the F-35’s take off and land most days at the airport in Burlington from the window at work.

Crank up the volume for the video!

Last edited by Bob G.; 08-18-2022 at 09:27 PM.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

13. Member
    Love the sound of freedom! It wouldn’t bother me a bit. Whenever I hear one, I run outside like a kid. We get 18’s out of the naval air station every now and then. They train and patrol the mouth of the river and out in the Gulf of Mexico.

14. Bob G's pool boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    The Green Mountain Boys here have 20 F-35’s that fly around frequently. There are a lot of people that oppose them here. Eff them, the jets can fly over my house anytime!

When I used to work at a customer site in VT, I’d see the F-35’s take off and land most days at the airport in Burlington from the window at work.

Last edited by billspence; 08-18-2022 at 09:45 PM. Reason: I know you have video of the green machine. Let’s see ‘em.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

15. Member
    We had A10’s fly over us multiple days fishing in the ausable in Michigan this summer. One group of 6 and one of 3.

16. Member
    Years ago, I was fishing a small lake in Western IN in my 12’ Lund with a 9.9 running down the lake. I got “ buzzed” by a pair of Air National Guard jets out of Terre Haute. They came up behind me and close enough to the water the pressure wave from the jets disrupted the water. Scared the CRAP out of me! They made a return pass coming at me at “relatively” slow speed and waved as they went by. I have huge respect for those guys, and I admit, they “got” me, but I was NOT amused when they did it!

17. Member
    Where I live I see various aircraft fly over my house on approach to the air base. I’ve often hoped nothing ever falls off. I once saw one come over, and it had an engine out, oops. I’ve also had, I think it was a C5 Galaxy come over, it was the huge cargo transport. It looked as if it was only moving about 40 mph, it was loud. Quite a while back, I would see A10s scooting around, that’s a wicked looking aircraft. It made me want to run for cover just looking at them. I mostly saw them around Greers Ferry and Lake Ouachita.

18. Member
    See A-10 fly over Table Rock, cool...

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Was sitting on the dock on Big Green lake in Wisconsin today and watched and heard two large black jets chase/ follow each other over the lake for a half hour or so. Training ?
    I was fishing Big Green on Wednesday and they were there as well. Yesterday the wife and I were by the pool and we saw and especially heard them again, we live east of Big Green by 45 miles. Pretty crazy.
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S

See a10’s all the time, awesome weapon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast