Does my Force TM need a heading sensor?

I just switched from MK to Garmin and have not yet switched my electronics over from HB. So as it sits I've just got the Force mounted to my bow. When I try to simply hit the switch for "constant on" my boat slowly hooks off coarse and the TM does no adjust to correct it. Does this not have a built in heading sensor?

2. Member
    Have you calibrated it?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

I would imagine that is normal with prop torque. You need to press the heading hold button on the remote. It will track true with that. Great feature going down a bank. Everything is built into the unit. Do make sure you calibrate it properly and have the latest update
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

4. Member
    I recalibrated and now its all good. One other question, when i'm on a set course, say going down a bank and I want to simply steer the motor a degree or two either way with the foot pedal, it shuts everything off. (Prop and heading) am I doing something wrong?

5. Member
    No. It's designed that way. To keep Heading Hold on and make minor adjustments to the direction of travel, use the remote or add the trolling motor overlay bar on the unit and adjust it from the unit. It would be worth your time, when not on the water just to take your time and go through the manual. Time well spent.
    https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...r_OM_EN-US.pdf
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

You can make adjustments in heading hold with the remote. Use the arrow left or right keys. I do this all the time when going down a bank and the contour changes
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois