Lake Palestine-Does anyone bass fish there?

Seriously, I have been in an Airbnb since Monday and drive 155 into Tyler daily and maybe a liquor store or two in Coffee City.
    Broken toe has kept me out of the bass boat.
    But in those three days traveling over 3 pieces of water on that lake I have seen a total of 2 boats-both pontoons and both not under power. I have not seen a single bass boat buzzing over the water or even fishing any part of those lakes.
    We are on the water in a cove in the south end and have not seen a single bass boat fishing in our cove for 3 days.
    It is hot, it is August, but really?
    I saw bass busting just out of my casting range from the dock at the rental.
    Typical.
    I caught one on a spinner bait tonight.
    But if the traffic and fishing pressure is truly this light, these fish are virgin compared to Fork.
    Should be able to catch a major sack on this lake if you can ever navigate it.

2. Member
    Shhh, there's no bass in Palestine

It's been too hot for me. I'll get out there soon. It will cool down eventually.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

Well many lakes have virgin fish compared to Fork. Even Rayburn , I have noticed the ramps not being full anymore. Conclusion its hot and gas prices are still high, and as well as other costs.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Lake is down and has a ton of pressure lately, interesting it's slowing down. Probably the excessive heat + low water level. Fish biting activity really slowed down for me but I haven't been out there in 3 weeks or so myself.

I have a friend who's parents live on the lake and they bass fish it. But he may be like me, a fair weather fishermen.

7. Member
    Really good fishing lake, but, BE CAREFUL from mid-lake - North..... REALLY shallow sand bars and stumps, stumps, and more stumps.... picture your boat is a pinball in an expert pinball machine....