Thread: MEGA360 system

MEGA360 system

Hello,

I have a 2006 Basscat with a Lowrance Ghost and two older Lowrance HDS units. I would like to add Humminbird Mega360 capability to this boat, but at the lowest cost.
    The only capability I want is a 12 inch Humminbird at the front for viewing 360 and a small unit at the console to share MEGA360 waypoints with.
    My old Lowrance units have down, side scanning etc.

Can you please advise which transducer, mount, cables, network equipment and Humminbird units would satisfy this capability with the least cost? I plan to sell this rig
    in the future so I only want the MEGA360 capability.

Thank you, BAM

The unit has to be a Down Imaging+ or Side Imaging+ model. The Down Imaging unit is a lower cost.

The MEGA 360 is a rotating Side Imaging transducer so it does either 360 or Side Imaging, but not at the same time.
    It does not do 2D/DI/Temp so if you want those also displayed you have to get a unit with its transducer.

For ONLY MEGA 360 you can purchase a CHO model (Control Head Only) at a lower cost than with a transducer.
    A Helix, SOLIX, or APEX will run the MEGA 360, the Helix is the lowest cost.
    Helix is button operated and SOLIX/APEX are cross-touch (buttons and touch screen).

The MEGA 360 comes with a 10' power cord, a 10' transducer cable for a Helix and a 10' transducer cable for a SOLIX/APEX.
    You would need a MEGA 360 Y cable to connect the MEGA 360 and another transducer to the display.

Any current Helix that has N in the model name (G4N) can be used to link with the bow unit. That is done via Ethernet.
    A Helix needs the AS EC QDE Ethernet adapter to connect an Ethernet cable to it so for two displays, you need two of those plus an Ethernet cable to go between them.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

All the compatible units are shown on the Humminbird website for the MEGA 360 accessory.

The Fortrex version MEGA 360 will clamp to the upper shaft of a Ghost or you can get a third party mount to attach it to the underside of the mount. Availability of a MEGA 360 in any type will be a challenge.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Thanks so much Wayne, exactly what I was looking for! I know items might be scarce, the plan is to acquire the components over the next six months and have it installed for late spring smallie fishing!

Thanks again, BAM

5. Member
    Bam, that expert and complete list from “THE” best Humminbird information source anywhere should cost you a fortune! Lucky man, go buy a lottery ticket. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    good luck! still waiting 9 months for a fortrex 360 unit

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Bam, that expert and complete list from “THE” best Humminbird information source anywhere should cost you a fortune! Lucky man, go buy a lottery ticket. Bob
    I took care of him Bob, like you said, great free info! I sent him a $1000 from my kidz old Monopoly game......

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandone View Post
    Wow, I might have to bite the bullet and buy a "custom" MEGA360 Ghost mount, which looks pretty pricey...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandone View Post
    Hennessy Outdoors has them in stock and ready to ship, plus they're a board sponsor

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gholbert View Post
    Hennessy Outdoors has them in stock and ready to ship, plus they're a board sponsor
    Thanks sir!