2022 pantera 2 bow access

I just purchased a 2022 pantera 2 and I’m trying to figure out how to access the wiring for everything at the bow. My 2008 Skeeter shad a box console I could remove to gain access. But looking at the bow of the pantera 2. I can’t figure out where the access is. Is it under the door pedal or through the left rod locker?

I haven’t gotten the boat delivered yet but I’m just preparing myself for future electronic installation.

Ditch

Most have an access panel under the foot pedal, though not all as it depends on how they are accessorized.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Most have an access panel under the foot pedal, though not all as it depends on how they are accessorized.
    That’s what I was thinking. I saw a video oh YouTube where a guy had to cut a hole under the pedal. So I was hoping I didn’t have to do that.

4. Member
    My 2021 has hole under tm. That said your problems will start with the tiny access hole for wires under the clam shell. Soon as you get it pull the clam shell and either put a grommet in or wrap the wires coming through it with protective tape. Make sure the clam shell isnt too tight. It will saw through your wires. The people at bass cat should go stare at some of the newer connectors and wire sizes and maybe figure out a better access hole design for them. Most guys are gonna at the very least stick livescope up there so do us all a favor and make it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by WAWI View Post
    My 2021 has hole under tm. That said your problems will start with the tiny access hole for wires under the clam shell. Soon as you get it pull the clam shell and either put a grommet in or wrap the wires coming through it with protective tape. Make sure the clam shell isnt too tight. It will saw through your wires. The people at bass cat should go stare at some of the newer connectors and wire sizes and maybe figure out a better access hole design for them. Most guys are gonna at the very least stick livescope up there so do us all a favor and make it easy.
    I deleted the clam shell immediately as well. Just too many wires/cables to make those sharp turns. I did not have to enlarge it. I just bought rubber grommets off Amazon: 1 1/2” drill hole with 1 3/8 inside diameter. I have also seen where the installer drilled a second hole and adds another clam shell. I haven’t had any water issues with having a clamshell removed.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    I drilled a second hole for running my livescope ducers and removed the clamshell from the original hole. I also drilled an access hole under the trolling motor pedal. I was worried that the location I drilled my second hole would leak into the starboard rod locker, but so far I haven't had any water issues even after being waked several times by wake surf boats running way too close. Not sure I would recommend drilling in that same location, but it seems to have worked out for me so far. Kinda tough to see in this pic...

7. Member
    Imagine the massive increase in cost of the boat if there was a rectangular access plate with 2 holes and an appropriate cover lol.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WAWI View Post
    Imagine the massive increase in cost of the boat if there was a rectangular access plate with 2 holes and an appropriate cover lol.
    and a "rope" to help run the wiring down a correct sized tube!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools