Best unit for just livescope

Looking to finally pull the trigger on Livescope but I have never had Garmin units before. I run Lowrance and Humminbird currently so don’t know my Garmin models no am a bit overwhelmed. I feel like Garmin has more models than the others and I can’t make heads or tails of their website. Can someone tell me what unit I should get if I am ONLY going to run livescope on it? I’ll keep using my others for mapping, down scan and side scan.

What size? 9" touchscreen 93sv UHD is on clearance at Bass Pro for only $699. Anything bigger is a lot more. Sometimes Bass Pro has the higher resolution screen 10" touchscreen 106SV on clearance for only $1000. But when those are up on the site they go FAST.

3. Member
    The bigger the screen and the higher the resolution the better in my opinion. Also, if you want to use Active Captain and record videos, that is another consideration. I recommend a 10" graph at a minimum, with the 12" models being much better. A lot also depends on how you fish - I fish deep, offshore a lot with a dropshot and Livescope is vital to my success. Happy to answer any specific questions, etc - just pm me if you want more details.

4. Member
    1222 . Settings you will likely move more than twice a trip are all controlled by the knob. Can also record on this unit and it is the cheapest GPS map unit. I think the touch screen is a waste of money if you're just using for LiveScope

106SV is the best IMO. This unit has the highest pixels per square inch for all the Ecomap sizes. The 12" model has the same resolution as the 10" but it is spread out over a larger area. The best detail in in the 106SV. Look for it on clearance as previously mentioned for $999. Hard to beat that price.

Good luck.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

6. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to look at the 12” models because I know the bigger screen is a must.

7. Member
    I have a 1222 and it shows everything I need to see

8. Member
    Wish I would have never sold my 1222. I have a 8412 now and to be honest not worth the extra money for LS only.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite