Thread: 04 125hp help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    ^^^^^ and there ya go see its not air its flow man flow
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    As a general rule, Mercury does not recommend adding additional filters to the system with most of their engines, as this can add a fuel supply restriction, resulting in a lean-running engine.

If you choose to add one, it should be changed AT LEAST once per season, AND all measures possible should be used to reduce the restrictive nature of the fittings (straight fittings, no more than 9' flexible line, 3/8" from tank to filter, filter to bulb, then 5/16" from there to pulse pump, eliminate un-necessary splices and connectors, and then verify the fuel supply line pressure (vacuum) at all engine RPM's does not exceed 1.5" hg.
    Thank you VERY much for taking your valuable time and the explanation Brother Weed! I appreciate the information you've provided and will take it to heart, plus it gives me something to further investigate my separator and engine....👍

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    ^^^^^ and there ya go see its not air its flow man flow
    .....indeed....😉 (and again, thank you too)

4. Member
    I posted earlier. My 2003 2x2 had bad gas in it when I purchased 6 years or so ago and ran like crap. I replaced the fuel lines between the tank and motor and did discover that they were crumbling. I added some Seafoam then ran the hell out of it for about an hour. Haven’t touched it since. There’s not much you can depend on these days but this old bitch fires right up and runs like a fine oiled sewing machine year after year. Winterizing is adding stabil and keeping the carbs wet (bowls full) all winter…that’s all.

5. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12