Thread: Cougar

Cougar

Guys, a question, will a Cougar with a Merc 4 stroke fit in a standard garage with the swing tongue? I know it will have to be turned to fit but will it fit?

Please define “standard garage.”

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Most standard garages are about 20x20 which is ridiculously small IMO. Though on centerline corner to corner your looking at just over 28 feet on the diagonal. Will it fit caddy corner? It should with go jacks and the tounge folded, I had mine in a garage that was 23 wide and 20 deep and it fit in on an angle no problem. Once you get the hang of go jaks they are easy to use. I backed mine just off center line till both wheels were in the garage about 7 feet, then installed the go jaks, then had a small metal plate that I put all the way to one side that would allow the trailer jack wheel to go up over the the small garage floor lip. Once you do it a few times its fairly easy, I would not attempt it without go jaks.

4. Member
    I have a 2022 Cougar, Mercury 250, Atlas plate, no poles.
    My garage is 23' deep and 17.5' wide (double door).
    One side of my garage has my '65 Impala SS.
    My Cougar will fit on the other side, slightly angled, trailer tongue in storage position, with maybe 4" to spare when door is closed.
    20' x 20' is a small area to put a 20' bass boat into.