Thread: ACTIVE TARGET

ACTIVE TARGET

Is anyone using lithium drill battery's to run the Active Target modem and transducer? If so how did you hook it up (parts), what battery are you using and how long does the battery last? Thank you for all advice.

2. Member
    The AT only draws 1.5 amps its not like the LS 5amps so unless you are fishing out of a kayak why use such a small battery on top of 4 other batteries

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    The AT only draws 1.5 amps its not like the LS 5amps so unless you are fishing out of a kayak why use such a small battery on top of 4 other batteries
    My boat is only 24 volts. The reason I would like to see if this could be done is I added a 4th battery just to run the Active Target. I had it running off one of my Blue Top Optima that is for my trolling but when my sons had a High School tournament on the Copper River my batteries went dead with 2 hours remaining in the tournament, we had to run the trolling motor on 8-9 all day. I would like to get rid of the weight of the 4th battery if possible. Thank you for responding and the info on the amp draw.

4. Member
    I run 2 series 31 AGM's for 24v/80 Ultrex.....1 series 31 lead acid starter.....and a 100ah lithium to run all electronics (3 carbons, hds10 2, AT, Rite- Hite,, SS3D), lights, pumps, stereo, etc etc and I've never run any of em dry in a single day. I DID run a series 31 lead acid (formerly the house battery) dry on several occasions. The lithium had been unbelievable to date.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    I run 2 series 31 AGM's for 24v/80 Ultrex.....1 series 31 lead acid starter.....and a 100ah lithium to run all electronics (3 carbons, hds10 2, AT, Rite- Hite,, SS3D), lights, pumps, stereo, etc etc and I've never run any of em dry in a single day. I DID run a series 31 lead acid (formerly the house battery) dry on several occasions. The lithium had been unbelievable to date.
    I just added deep cycle to run the Active Target but I think I might do the 100ah lithium and run all electronics like you. Thank you!

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by brian450 View Post
    I just added deep cycle to run the Active Target but I think I might do the 100ah lithium and run all electronics like you. Thank you!
    let me know if I can help you out

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian450 View Post
    That's smart IMOP......

My brand new series 31 Deep cycle couldn't handle all the stuff I had running off it. Bear in mind, everything obviously wasn't running at the same time, etc. All 4 units, AT, 3D SS were running simultaneously and the battery couldn't handle the draw for more than 6 to 8 hours. I installed a voltage gauge for the house battery into the console dash and could watch it draw down.....same for the pages on all graphs. I also installed one at the bow and can watch my TM batteries draw down......but the 2 AGM's have held up well.