Livewell Open/Close Pull/Push Knob

I recently purchased a 1994 Champion 190dc. The livewell has a pull/push valve to open and close the livewell. I am missing the knob only. Valve still works and the wire is in tact, all I need is the knob. Does anyone know how i could locate one or DIY something? Am I better off just buying a Flow-rite knob and cutting the fiberglass and installing this? Thanks

Here is a picture of the knob it appears I am missing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CoachClark; 08-16-2022 at 01:07 PM.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The livewell controls are the 2 black push / pull knobs between the inside and outside walls of the hull in your picture. I don't know what that is above the placard. Those were used on boats with front and rear livewells. I thought they quit that around 91 or so and went to the single divided livewell.

3. Member
    Correct, That is just a picture I found on the internet. I can take a picture of mine when I get home this afternoon for better clarification.

My champion only has 1 knob, for the valve to open and close the livewell to allow me to drain it. Currently I just use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull or push the wire to open and close it. If I could find a replacement knob it would be easiest

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I think those originally came from TH Marine, but think they discontinued them. That wire is pretty small. The first thing that comes to mind is an old radio knob that has a set screw to hold it on.

5. Member
    Thanks TX Champ. I have a few more questions
    Here is a picture of mine currently. IMG_4167.jpg

I only have one pump going to the livewell from what I can tell, no recirc pump. It is on a 3 way toggle switch at the dash that has "AER MAN" and "AUTO". Can someone clarify and further explain what the auto is? I do not have a livewell timer either. From what I understand this pump just fills the livewell, and my pull/push cable pictured above just opens and closes the valve to the livewell. Also, I believe I would like to have a timer and recirculation. Should i just scrap the current system and install a flow rite system?

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Kyle, if you do not have a Hydro switch, then the operation for that system is to close the drain valve and use the AER Man position to fill the livewell, then switch to the Auto position. The timer will pump fresh water in and excess should exit via the overflow. If you or a previous owner has put a 750gph or larger pump in, it may more flow than the overflow can handle in which case it will probably spill over the top of the livewell and into the bilge.