05 225 DI cranks no start

Hey guys so ran back to the ramp last night motor running fine shut it off grabbed the trailer went to start the motor and wouldn't start, just cranks over. Fuel primer pump runs, checked the fuses and relays I could find all seems fine.. kind of stumped any ideas? No codes or lights either..

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wifisherman View Post
    Hey guys so ran back to the ramp last night motor running fine shut it off grabbed the trailer went to start the motor and wouldn't start, just cranks over. Fuel primer pump runs, checked the fuses and relays I could find all seems fine.. kind of stumped any ideas? No codes or lights either..
    I didnt know the 05's were DI's. Never-the-less, my 04 did the same thing last year. Once home, it fired right up. Sent out the PDP and it was fine. I replaced the relays and hadnt had any issues since. Lets hope that was it.

Besides the PDP failing the big blue capacitor is a possibility, if it fails it will not develop the 40v needed to drive the injectors!
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

4. Member
    Updating this and still battling this problem.. Have swapped the capacitor, crank sensor, starter and relay, even sent the ecm in to be checked and that was fine also.. anyone else have any ideas? I'm stumped.

5. Member
    Battery? Too small or weak?

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I would suspect the PDP as Dan stated.

7. Member
    I will be having to get a new battery here soon regardless so I'll know if that's ruled out.. pdp was probably the next thing on my list to replace.. They are pretty interchangeable on these motors I believe?

8. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Not sure about the 02 model year, but the 03-05 DFI engines are compatable. DFI can repair them.

9. Member
    Well I swapped out the PDP for another and still no spark. Also checked the plugs for fuel and didn't smell or see anything on them after cranking the motor.. This is getting ridiculous lol. Any other ideas guys? I will be swapping the battery out with an agm here in the next day or 2 to eliminate that also.

10. Member
    What about the flywheel magnets?

11. Member
    Can you hear the fuel pump running when you turn the key on?

12. Member
    Yeah they key switch pump is running. Haven't looked into the flywheel magnets, I had someone supposedly test the stator and said it was fine. He also told me the computer had a fault that was probably the problem and that wasn't true lol

13. Member
    Depending on how the stator was tested it will not verify loose or missing magnets.

14. Member
    Gotcha.. Yeah looks like I'll be having to take it to another mechanic at this point.. Gotta love it

15. Member
    So I believe I found a bad wire/plug in the last place I looked today. According to the schematics I think the the TPS plug. Would that cause this issue if the computer can't detect any throttle?

16. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    That would be correct do you get any codes?