Fishing tackle on Amazon

I notice a lot knock off/China fishing stuff on Amazon that looks fairly decent. Has anyone tried any of it? Rods, reels, tackle, etc....

Never bought anything from amazon.

3. Member
    I caught some name brand stuff ie Yamamotto Senkos on sale there a couple of years ago, I also bought my fly rig on there it was a knock off brand but has worked fairly well for learning,
    I was tempted by some of their baitcast stuff like Piscifun but never jumped on it.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

Buying the big name brand you know is good and can get some good prices on them. I’ve bought some cheap stuff like a fly reel made by piscifun and some lures they work but wouldn’t buy cheap stuff like that again.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wgammill View Post
    I caught some name brand stuff ie Yamamotto Senkos on sale there a couple of years ago, I also bought my fly rig on there it was a knock off brand but has worked fairly well for learning,
    I was tempted by some of their baitcast stuff like Piscifun but never jumped on it.
    Piscifun was one of them I noticed. Looks like fairly decent stuff and gets good reviews but then I am used to Shimano, Gloomis, Fenwick, Falcon and the like so I am guessing I would be disappointed. Some of that chinese knock off stuff is pretty good though...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Never bought anything from amazon.
    You've never bought anything from Amazon???

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Handwich View Post
    You've never bought anything from Amazon???
    nope

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Handwich View Post
    Piscifun was one of them I noticed. Looks like fairly decent stuff and gets good reviews but then I am used to Shimano, Gloomis, Fenwick, Falcon and the like so I am guessing I would be disappointed. Some of that chinese knock off stuff is pretty good though...
    There is a guy I follow on you tube Creek Fishing.. He has used a lot of piscifun stuff in the past. But full disclaimer he catches a lot of small fish out of small creeks, so I don't know how much stress he is putting on the equipment.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    nope
    Shut the front door!!! I didn't think I knew anyone that hadn't bought something on Amazon.

10. Member
    I fished with a guide for wipers that used Piscifun spinning reels. They were smooth and the drag system worked great. I figured if they would hold up to his type of fishing I would give them a shot, three years and no problems.

11. Member
    I try my best not to support China when I can. Amazon is full of Chinese crap.
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

Quote Originally Posted by captainrab View Post
    This and if you just search a little longer you can find other places to buy stuff just as cheap and reasonable. That is if you are looking for something that is not just cheap crap. I don't do a lot of online shopping as the local places are the ones putting money into your local economy and sponsoring your local events. Even if it is a few dollars more, I feel the end result is much better.

13. Kansas Bass Club Moderator

yup gotta be careful. But a lot of our equipment and lures are made overseas anyway.

14. Member
    I tried a six pack of Amazon Whopper Plopper knock-offs. Dale Hollow bass seem to prefer them to the real ones.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    yup gotta be careful. But a lot of our equipment and lures are made overseas anyway.
    This. Almost everything you buy now is made in China. If you shop at Walmart you are buying from China for the most part. Not saying I like the idea, just what the reality is.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasCobaltKen View Post
    I tried a six pack of Amazon Whopper Plopper knock-offs. Dale Hollow bass seem to prefer them to the real ones.
    Might have to try those out!

17. Member
    Look in the handle end of a new rod you pick up and odds are it will have a little round sticker will say made in China. I buy a lot of my stuff from Amazon. Some of it is crap, most is Chinese. Fish can't read.
    I bought a used spinning reel at the flea market about 5 years ago, brand Souygayliang. 11 ball bearings, nice finish. After using it for a while I was quite impressed, I ordered about 6 or 7 more. They were fantastic.
    About a year ago I ordered 4 of their SS model spinning reels just to match up on the deck (raise my impression ratio). They were marginal, and the screws weren't stainless steel and they have surface rust. They work O.K. but i am disappointed.
    Just like American branded reels, many made in China, companies over there shop for the cheapest reels that match their needs and slap their name on it.
    Souygayliang baitcasters are damn good, just avoid their SS models.

The Cadence brand of rods are good values too.

like anything else, there is good stuff, bad stuff.