MEGA LIVE Down Mode Interpretation

Hi folks - I am heading out tomorrow for my first day with HB MEGA Live imaging and I want to be sure I will be reading the screen correctly.

Based on the first image attached from the HB website, in DOWN mode, half of the screen (I presume the left half) is showing fish behind the trolling motor and under the boat. Is that correct?

So, in the second image, the three fish at the left side of the screen are behind the trolling motor and thus under the boat. Correct?

At first, I thought the returns were to the left and right of the trolling motor, but it appears from HB’s graphic, they’re actually in front of it and behind it.

Right???
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I think that picture is showing it pointed to the right side of the boat. 2nd pic.

Quote Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
    Hi folks - I am heading out tomorrow for my first day with HB MEGA Live imaging and I want to be sure I will be reading the screen correctly.

Based on the first image attached from the HB website, in DOWN mode, half of the screen (I presume the left half) is showing fish behind the trolling motor and under the boat. Is that correct?

So, in the second image, the three fish at the left side of the screen are behind the trolling motor and thus under the boat. Correct?

At first, I thought the returns were to the left and right of the trolling motor, but it appears from HB’s graphic, they’re actually in front of it and behind it.

Right???
    You are correct.
    The illustration shows the shape of the coverage.
    If you turn the transducer counterclockwise 90 degrees, the right half will be to the left and the left half would be to the right.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Yeah, it depends on what direction you have the ML pointed. If pointed straight ahead, the right is front and left is back.

You didn't ask the question but Forward Mode also shows a small amount behind the transducer as well... it's the rearward slant. The angle of the slant behind the transducer will depend on the physical transducer degree setting as well as the Forward mode degree setting on the control head. The more the unit is pointed down (smaller degree setting) the more you will see to the rear of the transducer.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers