Ultrex spot lock issue… for over a month!

I have a 2021 Minn Kota Ultrex link 112 52”. About a month and a half ago my spot lock started not working and the foot peddle would only move one way. Well I was fishing a bass open on Oneida so the tech there changed the foot peddle. Well it didn’t help the spot lock situation. So far I’ve has the circuit board in the foot peddle, the on/off switch, and the head of the trolling motor changed. Nothing has helped. The problem is spot lock will turn on for about 30 seconds then turn off, but just the yellow light the green light (constant prop) stays on and also through out the day on my graphs trolling disconnected pops up followed by trolling motor connected about every minute. It also makes the beep beep beep sound randomly but the trolling motor never loses any power. I can use the remote perfectly, except spot lock. On the remote it won’t even allow me to select spot lock. I’m so sick of dealing with this and it has wasted so much time and cost me money in tournaments. Any one have any idea what it could be?? Thank you for taking the time to help me out I’m advance

PS it is getting 36 volts and is everything is tight. Could I have gotten a bad board?

2. Member
    Have you tried a different remote or re-paired the remote with motor? I’d say bad controller or maybe the remote is faulty and kicking it off.

3. Member
    I repaired the remote and the puck multiple times. What do you mean controller?

4. Member
    The main control board.

5. Member
    The remote is never ever in use and I got a new main control board changed out during the open on Oneida a month ago. Could it have been new but faulty?

6. Member
    You don't have a troll motor problem you have a power problem. Start looking for bad battery corrosion or loose connection.

7. Member
    So I own a 2021 ZXR. I just torn the entire Triple BBT mount off and the connections for the trolling motor are all super tight, zero corrosion, and cable all look perfect. The batteries in the back look flawless, and those are all tight too. Could it be the peddle itself?

8. Member
    Hey Ricky! Did you ever figure out what the problem was with your spot lock and your trolling motor connecting & disconnecting? I'm having the same issue with my 36v Ultrex on my Phoenix. Damn beeping is driving me crazy! Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks! -John
    John

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDurocher View Post
    Hey Ricky! Did you ever figure out what the problem was with your spot lock and your trolling motor connecting & disconnecting? I'm having the same issue with my 36v Ultrex on my Phoenix. Damn beeping is driving me crazy! Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks! -John
    My 36v ultrex does the same exact things. Ide be very interested if you figure it out. I have already replaced the control board on footpedal once due to the frozen footpedal problem. This random beep and spot lock justv randomly stopping working, but lights lit like its still on just started this year. I did do a recalibration with the link remote. But haven't had a chance to use since doing that.