Thread: Deleted tru

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Deleted tru

Is this popular where you live? It seems to solve a lot of problems with the earlier def trucks, and the fuel economy increase(30-40%) seems to prove the system worthless. I can’t find any numbers on what the Def system does for decreasing emissions, but anything less that 50% means it’s worthless.

2. Member
    Considering it’s now a felony to remove and many shops are getting raided, I’d be careful.
    I agree the system is useless. My 97 7.3 runs like a top and still gets 16 mpg towing.

Quote Originally Posted by mzack View Post
    Is this popular where you live? It seems to solve a lot of problems with the earlier def trucks, and the fuel economy increase(30-40%) seems to prove the system worthless. I can’t find any numbers on what the Def system does for decreasing emissions, but anything less that 50% means it’s worthless.
    For what’s it’s worth, last week I turned north onto Rte 206 from Rte 30 in Hammonton and a 1/4 mile up was a DMV/State Police pop up inspection site for diesel vehicles only. My work truck is gas so I got to go by but I bet at least one thing they were checking for was altered emission/exhaust systems. They’re cracking down on it everywhere.
    Ranting incoherently

4. Member
    Vehicles with DEF systems are very limited in exhaust generation.
    I've not seen anything close to 30-40% fuel economy increases.
    And it's illegal, enforced in some areas, more will start enforcing.

In respect to the actual decrease, it depends on the engine, etc.
    Most of the time, the results are roughly 85% lower emissions.
    The lower NOx values really make a difference in air pollutants.

5. Member
    And the push to EV continues.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    And the push to EV continues.
    It will be full circle when you see 10 and 15 year notes on them and they will be on the buy here pay here lots, otherwise a huge segment of society will not own one.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    It will be full circle when you see 10 and 15 year notes on them and they will be on the buy here pay here lots, otherwise a huge segment of society will not own one.
    Currently, it's 8 years on autos, 20 on vessels & RVs and 40 on houses ... welcome to 21st Century slavery via debt service.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    For what’s it’s worth, last week I turned north onto Rte 206 from Rte 30 in Hammonton and a 1/4 mile up was a DMV/State Police pop up inspection site for diesel vehicles only. My work truck is gas so I got to go by but I bet at least one thing they were checking for was altered emission/exhaust systems. They’re cracking down on it everywhere.
    Working trucks or also individuals? Im surprised they havent increased the # of enforcement officers to hunt down the evil deleted trucks. Or maybe they have.

9. Member
    I’ve been thinking of deleting mine. Cost to delete is about 3500. Warranty expires in march of 23. I have a egr cooler that is leaking. Was told the egr cooler is part of the exhaust system and the exhaust only had warranty to 50k miles. It will cost me 6k to replace the egr cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Vehicles with DEF systems are very limited in exhaust generation.
    I've not seen anything close to 30-40% fuel economy increases.
    And it's illegal, enforced in some areas, more will start enforcing.

In respect to the actual decrease, it depends on the engine, etc.
    Most of the time, the results are roughly 85% lower emissions.
    The lower NOx values really make a difference in air pollutants.
    These systems periodically go through a “regeneration” process which simply burns all particulate matter into ash at 1500 degrees Fahrenheit. These periods of “regen” release carbon dioxide at 1000x the normal rate. Following the laws of thermodynamics where matter can neither be created or destroyed, I don’t believe this system does all that much for the environment that it claims to. Perhaps if these filters trapped the emissions and were replaced not allowing carbon back into the atmosphere or something but they aren’t. It simply burns it off and releases it all at once instead of over time. By the time we figure in all the resources to create the filters and extra metal that is included in DPF and DEF systems, is it really even making a dent?

Some interesting findings on the subject here. Also a couple more studies on it I can dig up if anyone is interested.
    https://www.emissionsanalytics.com/n...tion-mysteries

12. Banned
    Interesting stuff there partner.

13. Member
    I wouldn't own one that wasn't deleted and neither would anyone else who actually knows what those systems do to the engine.
    Last edited by bassfisher444; 08-16-2022 at 07:02 PM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    These systems periodically go through a “regeneration” process which simply burns all particulate matter into ash at 1500 degrees Fahrenheit. These periods of “regen” release carbon dioxide at 1000x the normal rate. Following the laws of thermodynamics where matter can neither be created or destroyed, I don’t believe this system does all that much for the environment that it claims to. Perhaps if these filters trapped the emissions and were replaced not allowing carbon back into the atmosphere or something but they aren’t. It simply burns it off and releases it all at once instead of over time. By the time we figure in all the resources to create the filters and extra metal that is included in DPF and DEF systems, is it really even making a dent?
    Of course not, it is all about making money, that is the whole reason for the climate change agenda.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    Some interesting findings on the subject here. Also a couple more studies on it I can dig up if anyone is interested.
    https://www.emissionsanalytics.com/n...tion-mysteries
    This is the the type of info I was curious about. The real world difference is from getting 14.5 mpg average to 20. As I said previously a 30-40% increase in fuel economy, probably closer to 40 if we round up. Common sense would dictate the system would have to reduce emissions by at least 50-75% to even make sense based on the fuel economy losses and other pollution it generates. It just doesn’t seem to add up.

16. Member
    I agree bassfisher its all about certain groups making money. No matter whats good for the regular people

17. Member
    Amazing the disinformation nowadays.

99.5% of the DEF system failures are sensor related, or contamination, not the actual process.
    Using non-API product, failing to keep dispensing equipment clean, adding DEF to diesel, etc.
    And don't get me started on the crappy Chinese sensors the penny pinchers insist on procuring.

I've seen huge jumps in fuel economy using DEF & SCR. Way better than the previous answer.
    Of course, totally unbridled will generate the most power, but now you're talking super smog.
    Unless we want to turn the air thick yellow brown (Los Angeles 1985) it's not at all a good idea.
    Last edited by TampaJim; 08-16-2022 at 08:48 PM.

To some disinformation, to others, truth. I won't be shedding any tears.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    To some disinformation, to others, truth. I won't be shedding any tears.
    Cut it out and enjoy the citation. I've seen pre-2011 fleets & post-2011 fleets in action, and do understand the differences.
    Trained on it extensively, taught classes as well, prior to release. It's very simple technology ... 62.5% water, 32.5% urea.
    Again, the failure issues are almost always related to Chinese sensors, cheap or contaminated DEF and poor maintenance.

20. Member
    LOL I love how the non mechanics who don't work on them every day are experts on what actually fails in the system. 2008-2010 or 2012 if Ram trucks didn't have SCR and still had a whole bunch of emissions related failures, adding SCR just added more problems to that. All of it is pure junk and ruins your engine in the long run, EGR is the biggest killer of them all not SCR. Sandblasting your cylinder walls with soot particles is not a good thing. Also no emissions equipped truck with SCR gets better fuel milage than a deleted truck unless the deleted truck is very poorly tuned.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast