Trim Relay Issue

Not sure if this is the correct forum so I apologize up front.

I'm having an issue with trim relays on my 93 johnson fast strike. I replaced the relays last year. About once every few outings one my engine won't tilt in one direction (Usually up I believe). If I flip the relays around the problem follows the relay. If I mess with the relay that is not working for awhile it begins working again, but not sure why? I don't fully understand how relays work, is it possible for them to trip like breaker and then reset or something? I would love to hear any other thoughts on what may be causing this? Wondering if I should just again replace the relays.

Are the relays you bought OEM? If not, just assume you will have some issues.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    I think they were the volvo/penta part number. I've just ordered some 586224 part number and will give those a shot.