Another player wants in the blank market

Looks like Kistler is getting in the market I received a email from them now selling their KC9 carbon fiber blanks?

2. Member
    I received the same email. $250 for a K9 blank? I’ll pass.

I’d just get an NFC XRay for $150 cheaper and it’ll be the same if not better quality, more sensitive, and made in the USA. After all, Kistler used XRays for their Z-Bone models and and now use the foreign made K9 blanks for the ZBones.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    ALX/Hydra has the NG series made in the USA, much lower pricing AND outstanding customer service.

4. Member
    That’s comical…. Way too many great options for half the cost and less.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

5. Goby King
    I really wish St. Croix would get back in the game.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    I really wish St. Croix would get back in the game.
    they sort of are just passively via RodGeeks. While they don’t sell SCIII or the newer SC+ blended blanks, they do offer SCII, SCIV and SCV blanks. Albiet they are made in Mexico in the St Croix factory rather than in Wisconsin.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 08-16-2022 at 07:34 AM.
    1995 Ranger 481v

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    they sort of are just via RodGeeks. While they don’t sell SCIII or the newer SC+ blended blanks, they do offer SCII, SCIV and SCV blanks. Albiet they are made in Mexico in the St Croix factory rather than in Wisconsin.
    A bunch of St Croix rods are built in Mexico as well. North America > China and it's creating jobs for our neighbor and ally.
    The products from Mexico are very tightly controlled by St Croix, good rods & blanks. The blended blanks are really good.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    A bunch of St Croix rods are built in Mexico as well. North America > China and it's creating jobs for our neighbor and ally.
    The products from Mexico are very tightly controlled by St Croix, good rods & blanks. The blended blanks are really good.
    i agree. It wasn’t meant as a slight against the Mexico plant, rather that’s just the only difference between the SCIV and the Carbon4.
    1995 Ranger 481v

9. Goby King
    Rodgeeks C4 and SC4 may be the same material, but they're not the same. Same goes for the 2. I have multiple blanks from both locations and the quality and feel on the Park Falls made blanks is better. I really miss the SC3 and so do my customers.

10. Member
    If that’s true then RodGeeks better lawyer up the Carbon2 and Carbon4 rods are SCII and SCIV respectively. They use the same materials, designs, mandrels, and production process as their St Croix counterparts. The Bass series of rods are not the same as St Croix. This is right from their website.

I’ve built on the Carbon2 blanks and they feel identical to the Premiers. But definitely different than pre2016 Mojos and triumphs.

The one thing I’ve always wondered is how the Bateson rods compare to St Croix since they’re supposedly designed by the same person… and how come the NFC XRays are always like $100 and supposedly the flagship model but the IM blanks cost more im a rookie in rod building (only built 10 or so), and probably all too trusting in what I read or hear through the grapevine.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 08-16-2022 at 07:27 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v

In case you didn't know, St Croix purchased Axiom NA 4/1/2020.

Per email: "As of 4/1/2020, our partner in Axiom, St. Croix of Park Falls, has bought me and Bob out of the business. So St. Croix is now the full owner of Axiom and RODgeeks."