Question for the soft plastic makers

What injectors are you all using.
    I know the "get what ya pay for" thing. but I have seen the injectors go from $30 to well over $100 just for a single injector. Not including the doubles and triple setups.

Save yourself some headaches and buy your injectors from Basstackle.com.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Save yourself some headaches and buy your injectors from Basstackle.com.
    Mark is correct here.....quality injector = quality baits
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

Another Vote on Bass Tackle with the locking pin.

5. Member
    I really like the dual setup I got from N2, their blending block is nice and it also fits the AI C-block I have as well. I also have a cheapo from amazon for doing my small ice fishing plastics, a little 3 ouncer and it will do 3 of my small ice plastics molds in one shot. That cheapo doesn't have a lock pin though but I am well experienced with using it so I know the limits of that injector, replace the o-rings every so often to keep things tight.

I got myself the basstackle one works great never had a problem with it yet. I saw a lot of reviews when doing a search on a dual and a lot said they started with cheapos and went to basstackle. So know I’ve been waiting to get the basstackle dual maybe you might want to get it yourself as you can break it apart and use one. Save some money if you ever wanted a second one.

7. Member
    Whatever one you decide to buy make sure it has a locking nozzle.

Allen

Thanks for all of the tips and info.
    I think to start I'm going to try some open pour stuff to see how that works first to just get started.
    have a few baits I like that i would like to mimic and see how it all works before getting into all of the injection stuff due to the cost of the molds

9. Member
    Luke the essential series from do-it are a great cheap alternative if they have a bait you like in them. Their beaver bug, 6" finesse crawler , ripper swimbait, slick shiner & midwest finesse baitt are outstanding baits. I prefer their beaver bug opposed to the original sweet beaver myself. If you don't mind a more matt finish instead of a shiny one you can't beat them & soft plastics don't look shiny in the water anyway. You can tweak the recipe to make color a little lighter & pretty much eliminate that problem though. Out of around 40 molds that i have i'd say around 10 are the essential series & i am very satisfied with every one of them.
    Last edited by Les Young; 08-17-2022 at 12:51 PM.

10. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I have the basstackle injector for over 15 years when they were still with Bobs Tackle Shack. GREAT workmanship.
    ALSO, I have essential molds and stone molds and my baits come out shiny just like aluminum CNC. My secret is,
    I coat the mold every 3rd shot with PURE SILICONE. I just brush a very light coat on and it is shiny.
    Hope this helps some out….
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I think to start I'm going to try some open pour stuff to see how that works first to just get started.
    have a few baits I like that i would like to mimic and see how it all works before getting into all of the injection stuff due to the cost of the molds
    Open pour takes a steady hand and some skill to make good baits. Injection molds is like a 10-minute learning curve as long as the molds are from a reputable company.

Allen

can always make your own molds out of high temp silicone just be careful as sometimes the silicone doesn’t like all plastics.

13. Member
    I make my open pour molds from Bondo fiberglass resin. I get a plastic container and stick the baits down with double sided tape. I spray oil over them and the inside of the container. I mixup the Bondo and pour it over the baits with at least 1/2” of coverage. I go away for a few hours and let it work its magic. Bondo is quicker and easier for me to work with than the silicone.

So did a bit of experimenting today. Got some modeling clay and made me a swimbait master. Was pretty proud of it too as it looked really good.
    When I went to bake it to harden the master. Well guess the clay I got was not "bakeable" and the whole thing turned to mush. So back to the drawing board

15. Member
    Lureparts.com injector with threaded nozzle! I paint my artificial stone molds & essential series molds with high temp engine spray paint (remember to re-clear the vents). It results in super shiny baits just like those from my cnc molds.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC