FX TM Trim piece for ZX (need cupholder)

Thought I saw this in a thread on this a while back but can't find it now.

Minor thing, but no cupholder anywhere on front of my '16 ZX225. Will the FX Trim piece for the TM Tray fit in place of the ZX one that does not have a cupholder? Any drilling/new holes required? If so does anyone happen to have the part no?

Other options are the RotoCup, which attached to seat post, but I don't use a seat post on the front deck very often, only sometimes at the end of a long day lol...

ComfortTroll makes one that is kind of a universal mount, ie you screw it into something, electronics gimbal maybe?

or any other ideas?

2. Member
    Yes, the fx plate will fit. I had one installed on my 17 ZX 225.

Thanks, another call to the dealer :).

Might be a non-starter - noticing the cupholder will be right under the lower unit on my dual stack, so not really accessible :(.

Guess I will look at the Comfortrol or similar "universal" style if I can figure out how/where to mount.

BBT makes one, the left side might work...

Well, here's my $10 solution to Skeeter's nearly $200 trim panel lol. In actually the trim panel would not have worked for me due to running a dual stack up front, but still I was shocked at the price. I mean I could have a local shop cut out a similar part for less than $50's probably...

Anwyay, Amazon to the rescue. That's actually a magnet on the bottom, which is pretty dang strong, but of course the trim piece is plastic so doesn't do any good - I'll just use some of that 3M Super Velcro to stick it down, or i may just screw it directly into the plastic trim.

One think I really like about this particular cupholder is the top ring swivels on the axis of the two screws, and there is enough friction to hold it in place. So it can be used "level" for larger cups/mugs/tumblers, or you can spin the top ring a bit which reduces the circular area so that smaller diameter water bottles don't bounce around in it too.

6. Member
    Yes. I added the FX foot tray trim to my 18 ZX250.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Well, here's my $10 solution to Skeeter's nearly $200 trim panel lol. In actually the trim panel would not have worked for me due to running a dual stack up front, but still I was shocked at the price. I mean I could have a local shop cut out a similar part for less than $50's probably...

Anwyay, Amazon to the rescue. That's actually a magnet on the bottom, which is pretty dang strong, but of course the trim piece is plastic so doesn't do any good - I'll just use some of that 3M Super Velcro to stick it down, or i may just screw it directly into the plastic trim.

One think I really like about this particular cupholder is the top ring swivels on the axis of the two screws, and there is enough friction to hold it in place. So it can be used "level" for larger cups/mugs/tumblers, or you can spin the top ring a bit which reduces the circular area so that smaller diameter water bottles don't bounce around in it too.

Actually now I'm thinking this isn't the answer - not stainless. Going to keep looking for stainless option, or plastic maybe.

EDIT - well I guess I can't read so good... :). Says it's 304 SS. Left it out in the rain today, rains every day now so we'll see.
    Last edited by 78Staff; 08-25-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Decided to upgrade, went with the BBT version. Was making changes at the bow with the Ghost and upgrading my last Carbon to a Live, so figured I would splurge...
    Last edited by 78Staff; 12-07-2022 at 07:49 PM.