Carbon 12 in the rain....touch goes crazy

I have an HDS Live 12 at my console, and both an HDS live 12 and a Carbon 12 at the bow on a dual mount. When it rains, the Carbon 12 collects water in the corners, and the unit starts acting as though the spots with water are being touched, so it pretty much freaks out. It brings out the trolling motor menu, places the cursor in random spots on the chart, etc. Has anyone else experienced this and found any settings that reduce the problem? I thought about tilting the unit more for drainage, but then it will be harder to read/see from the standing vantage point. I think I understand now why Lowrance went with the all flat design on the HDS live. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by bbarthelt View Post
    I have an HDS Live 12 at my console, and both an HDS live 12 and a Carbon 12 at the bow on a dual mount. When it rains, the Carbon 12 collects water in the corners, and the unit starts acting as though the spots with water are being touched, so it pretty much freaks out. It brings out the trolling motor menu, places the cursor in random spots on the chart, etc. Has anyone else experienced this and found any settings that reduce the problem? I thought about tilting the unit more for drainage, but then it will be harder to read/see from the standing vantage point. I think I understand now why Lowrance went with the all flat design on the HDS live. Thanks in advance.
    You are correct. Less tilt on the screen does help. Pieces of debris add to the issue.

3. Scraps
    In general, my Carbon 12 touch is really "touchy" in my opinion. I've recalibrated and doesn't seem to improve.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD