Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    A couple weeks ago I used the hot and fast method on baby back ribs, turned out way better than I expected. So I did it again today, I think probably the best baby backs I’ve ever made. I’m never doing long and slow baby back‘s again. My ribs were done in less than three hours and were delicious. Anyone else doing this?

Had my smoker on ~ 310 degrees. Left them there without touching them until I seen first sign of pull back which was a little bit less than two hours. No spritz no nothing. I debated whether or not to wrap them but decided to wrap them. All I put in the wrap was three pads of butter on each rack and maybe a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Put them back on the smoker for about 45 minutes. Un wrapped them and left the foil like a boat and sauced them, let them sit for 15 minutes to set up, they were awesome! I’ve been doing low and slow for over 10 years, I’m done with that method.
    Made these today,
    310 for two hours and wrapped in pink butcher paper with pats of butter and back on for another hour, then unwrapped while getting the plates.
    Will make these again.

Used a RecTeq 590 with their blend of pellets.

2. Member
    Well dang. I’m going to have to try hot and fast I guess.

3. Member

4. Member
    Tried them yesterday. We’re great I Put butter and apple juice when I wrapped them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12