Common cover problem

I order my boats with a removable console. In the BCB models they are easy to take out so I'll have mine in during spring/fall but then take it out in the summer. The problem is that my cover doesn't fit well without the passenger console. It holds water if it rains and make it very tough to tow with it. Does anyone make a special pole to simulate the second console? Have any of you guys fabricated one?

Should be easy to make from abs. I made one for the length of my Champ the makes it like a tent.

3. Member
    I made a little pvc frame to go in my boat to prevent that
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

4. Member
    My father a few years back for his old boat had a similar issue. He just went to the hardware store and got some pvc pipe and elbows and whipped up a support. It wasn’t to replace a console but it was to give more center support. Something to raise the middle for water run off.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

5. Banned
    Now that's a GREAT reason to build a Garage. New Boat/New Garage. Problem solved. You're welcome.

6. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAVY View Post
    Now that's a GREAT reason to build a Garage. New Boat/New Garage. Problem solved. You're welcome.
    yea but it looks weird dragging them down the highway and at the boat ramp..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Beach ball
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Why not just have them build it like it has no console then it will have the button and post to hold it up...
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

9. Member
    You can get them for like $15 at Academy. Have had mine for a year and they hold up well for being cheap.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

10. Member
    Google boat cover support strap. I used one for years. I use a ball on the back deck of my current cover because the seats have to come off the poles to fit.

11. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAVY View Post
    I guess I should have been more clear. My boats in a garage most of the time unless I'm at a tournament. My luck is it always rains at tournaments so that is where the problem comes. I could use a single pole but since the cover is flat (I.e. For the console windshield) I'm thinking of maybe a T-post or maybe just a section of MDF?

Not sure BCB has the seat pedestal hole in the floor of the boat but if it does try putting your butt seat in the floor raised all the way up and the put the cover on. That's what I do on my Ranger... no low spot.

plastic trash can

15. Member
    Good remedies on this thread.