Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Great memories from that bunch.
    Yes sir and I forgot Haudenshild, he was really fun to watch and Sheldon is just as wild!

I got to watch a young Andy Hillenburg started racing at Tulsa Speedway in champ cars then sprint cars with the NCRA series & the Outlaws in late 80’s and then move on to run with the Outlaws full time.. He one of the nicest guy you ever meet..

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    I got to watch a young Andy Hillenburg started racing at Tulsa Speedway in champ cars then sprint cars with the NCRA series & the Outlaws in late 80’s and then move on to run with the Outlaws full time.. He one of the nicest guy you ever meet..
    That black #2 was almost as pretty as Sammy’s TMC car back then.

But Sammy’s Old Milwaukee car was my favorite’s ever. pics never gives it justices. But the TMC was a close second.. Andy always had a beautiful car..

5. Member
    I remember that car well, I’ve always been partial to Sammy. He got a lot of crap for being a jerk but he loaned us a motor at the devils bowl and had his crew help us get in and running. He certainly didn’t have to help us. That TMC rig was all chrome inside, even the vice on the work bench was chrome, never seen anything like it.

6. Member
    I remember back in the day when Karl had a 3208 cat in a 3500 chevy 1 ton dually the man was definitely a great innovator.
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greg88 View Post
    It looked like the differential came up and got him similar to Kevin Swindell
    Nothing hit Kevin Swindell. Just a hard landing. Sudden stop

Quote Originally Posted by dadcat41 View Post
    Nothing hit Kevin Swindell. Just a hard landing. Sudden stop
    That's correct. There is tubing under the seat to keep the rear end from hitting the seat. The problem is, the seat is bolted directly to the frame and there's maybe 3/4" foam padding that you sit on. They now do make a pad that goes under the seat but most guys don't run them. I raced non-wing sprints in Indiana for 10 years from 1999-2009. Anytime the frame makes contact with anything solid, it transfers straight to your body. Anytime I see a sprint land hard on it's rear wheels, I cringe!!

9. dartag1829
    I still smile every time I see a TMC Semi on the road. That was a great looking car.

sam.JPG

10. Member
    Sammy was one of the few I remember that didn’t run a downtube car.

2 of the Best Ever!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12