Mega Live Targetlock settings, lure tracking and awesome 360 feature!

Shot this video today. As always, thanks for watching and reaching out to me on Facebook/YouTube

Now I want TL

Great video Jim!
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

3. Member
    Can you do the same with the 360 cursor on helix units? If so. What’s is the button to press to target lock it after you cursor over object? Foot pedal only/hand remote only?

referring to around 9-10 minutes timestamp on the video link
    2020 Tracker TXW 175 Tournament Edition
    Helix 10 MDI G4N, Helix 10 MDI G4N, Helix 9 MSI G3N
    Mega 360, Mega Live, Target Lock
    Ultrex 52”/80lb MDI I-Pilot Link
    Dual Ethernet Hub

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    So am I right in saying if you already have live and 360 you just need to purchase MEGA Live TargetLock Adapter Kit - Ultrex 45"- 52" or is there something else as well? Thanks
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

5. Member
    Do you think the bait tracking has improved with the update? I am not getting target lock and wondering if the update is worth the trouble.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    So am I right in saying if you already have live and 360 you just need to purchase MEGA Live TargetLock Adapter Kit - Ultrex 45"- 52" or is there something else as well? Thanks
    correct
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

7. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amistad Tackle View Post
    Do you think the bait tracking has improved with the update? I am not getting target lock and wondering if the update is worth the trouble.
    has on mine but also because I went with a dedicated battery for electronics
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

8. Member
    Is this as big as it sounds? Being able to mark a piece of structure and get it immediately lit up on your mega live screen to observe that structure without a cast and see where the fish are positioned? Then move to the best angle and throw to it on the first cast? Sounds like cheating to me. If they come out with a separate pole version that you can mount 360 on I will be in for the bundle to work with my Ulterra! This seems like this will be hard to compete with for anybody. You guys with Ultrex,360,Live and with a trolling motor deploy and stow assist will be at the top of the heap. Probably don’t want to add it all up, but if you have the rest of the stuff the Target Lock sounds like a bargain. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Is this as big as it sounds? Being able to mark a piece of structure and get it immediately lit up on your mega live screen to observe that structure without a cast and see where the fish are positioned? Then move to the best angle and throw to it on the first cast? Sounds like cheating to me. If they come out with a separate pole version that you can mount 360 on I will be in for the bundle to work with my Ulterra! This seems like this will be hard to compete with for anybody. You guys with Ultrex,360,Live and with a trolling motor deploy and stow assist will be at the top of the heap. Probably don’t want to add it all up, but if you have the rest of the stuff the Target Lock sounds like a bargain. JMO Bob
    , I remember when side view came out and folks, including me, said it was cheating. I ordered my targetlock today
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Got my target lock mounted today.
    Sold the M360---not going the multiple graph route--a single 15" is enough for me.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    If they come out with a separate pole version that you can mount 360 on I will be in for the bundle to work with my Ulterra! Bob
    I’ve built one that can work with any trolling motor or live sonar, can go over the shaft of a mega 360 (or mounted otherwise), be “paired” with any trolling motor foot pedal and has a heading lock function. It does not however integrate with GPS for a waypoint lock.

Just debating on the $70,000 production cost for the first 500 units.

Final price to the customer would be around $500.
    Last edited by Dirtyeggroll; 08-14-2022 at 05:49 PM.

12. Member
    I modified an ipilot TM (motor not used) to get autopilot(legacy & Advanced), but not integrated with my finders. The Waypoint lock is where it gets interesting for me. That is what I still don’t have and what I would like, but I will wait for one that integrates with the whole system or use what I have. It will suffice for what I am doing now. I want it all or I will stay with my version. Bob

13. Member
    [QUOTE=Dirtyeggroll;12629897]I’ve built one that can work with any trolling motor or live sonar, can go over the shaft of a mega 360 (or mounted otherwise), be “paired” with any trolling motor foot pedal and has a heading lock function. It does not however integrate with GPS for a waypoint lock.

if the idea works as described and it a very well made unit, it sounds reasonable to make 500 units for 70k. Being tied to m360 means that most of your customers already have HB unit so the TL would be the ultimate for them. At 500, you would likely have a niche Market of people that don’t want to pay 1500 or that have LS and 360. I don’t think it would be a homerun product but you would have a market for these IMO. Would be good to have a kick starter campaign or some investors to keep the flow of inventory going and diversify the risk. Even easier path would be selling patent to a company that already makes independent units like this. Just trying to help think it through so don’t shoot the messenger.

14. Member
    [QUOTE=CatCanDoo;12631430]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    I’ve built one that can work with any trolling motor or live sonar, can go over the shaft of a mega 360 (or mounted otherwise), be “paired” with any trolling motor foot pedal and has a heading lock function. It does not however integrate with GPS for a waypoint lock.

if the idea works as described and it a very well made unit, it sounds reasonable to make 500 units for 70k. Being tied to m360 means that most of your customers already have HB unit so the TL would be the ultimate for them. At 500, you would likely have a niche Market of people that don’t want to pay 1500 or that have LS and 360. I don’t think it would be a homerun product but you would have a market for these IMO. Would be good to have a kick starter campaign or some investors to keep the flow of inventory going and diversify the risk. Even easier path would be selling patent to a company that already makes independent units like this. Just trying to help think it through so don’t shoot the messenger.
    It can but doesn’t have to be mounted to a Mega 360.

None of the bigger companies are interested.

15. Member
    Not on helix

16. Member
    I am sure you could do it with the cursor control keys.

17. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    All that and still had to stop at Captain D's on the way home for a fish sandwich.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Quote Originally Posted by Preluda97 View Post
    Can you do the same with the 360 cursor on helix units? If so. What’s is the button to press to target lock it after you cursor over object? Foot pedal only/hand remote only?

referring to around 9-10 minutes timestamp on the video link
    With a Helix, you activate the screen curser, move it where you want, push the Menu button and select Target Lock at Curser.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL