More screen clutter on llivescope lvs 32 after leveling trolling motor

Recently did some leveling on my ghost to try to help with some stow/deploy issues and have noticed last three times out that I was having more pronounced ghost tree issue and seems that the "rays" are present. Add to this there is a sort of semi-circle of returns "down range". could this be because of the trolling motor being pointed more upward than previously? If so can I point the transducer another click downward to combat this?
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

Are you running latest update? Is TVG, Noise reject or any other filters on?
    Could just be water quality, temperature, or thermocline also.

3. Member
    Cleanest water in the state of Alabama. TVG off, noise reject low, ghost reject low-med, gain 65, color gain 80ish. Been up and down on settings and not getting back to where it was before last week's trolling motor work. Wondering about the beam angle changing affecting the returns.
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

I run TVG low. With TVG off I get the "rays" bad.

5. Member
    Pooldoc, I am surprised you have not had a response in 24 hours. So far I am still new to Live Sonar. The angle of your transducer will surely change your reception. I would try to approximate your original angle(just get it close to what it was) and then adjust from there. Keep in mind if there was a side wise change.( very possibly there was) that also could cause issues. Good luck and I am sure one of the many experienced guys here will chime in. Bob
    Note: I ment side wise to mean canted some
    Last edited by bobcoy; 08-15-2022 at 02:16 PM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1pooldoc View Post
    Recently did some leveling on my ghost to try to help with some stow/deploy issues and have noticed last three times out that I was having more pronounced ghost tree issue and seems that the "rays" are present. Add to this there is a sort of semi-circle of returns "down range". could this be because of the trolling motor being pointed more upward than previously? If so can I point the transducer another click downward to combat this?
    I fish what is called a clear water lake and get varying amounts of screen clutter depending on the season, depth and area of the lake. The upper 1/3 of the lake is always worse than the rest of the lake and spring pollen always has its effect. The ghost tree effect is most pronounced in areas of hard bottom. I have some areas where not only the bottom is solid rock but also both banks. The settings that have worked best for me are: NR-Medium, TVG-Low, Gain-Auto Med. In water less than 50 ft I do manually set it at 65.

To fine tune the installation I have a thin plastic washer between the transducer and the mount. That way I don't have to move it a full click. I adjust it so I can see the lure splash. When you get it just right you may have to remove the xd and mount to tighten it up good. The washer will mold to the grooves on the xd and mount.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Great info. I have a perspective mount on there now so I will work on adjusting the angle. My water too is hard bottom with lots of rock and clay. I have noticed that the ghost tree is way more evident in hard bottom situations. Still learning this thing and so much is learned from experience, both mine and others willing to share. Everyone of us have found some things that work and don't. I'm glad to have guys with experience that will share with old farts like me. Thanks to all so far for responding. Keep em coming.
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

Most important thing to know about settings and dialing in ANY unit, or brand is EVERYBODYS' WATER IS DIFFERENT.