Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ranger Boats Customer Service

Has anyone else noticed that since White River Marine group aka BassProShops/Tracker boats took over Ranger Boats the lines of communications to the factory customer support or tech service is almost nonexistent. The website refers you to a dealer & when you call about a technical or specification question, you're always referred to the dealership as well. Ranger's customer support is second to none. The fact that you cannot talk to them direct is annoying.
    "Bet on a Vet, You Both Win"

2021 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Pro XS

2. Member
    Look at it this way when you have a problem with your vehicle who do you call? It certainly is not whoever made it, you call a dealership. Although I recently had a technical question that I asked through Ranger's web site and I did get a call back from Ranger so it is still possible in certain instances.

3. Member
    I still have my excel worksheet with all the Ranger Contacts - prop guy, trailer guy, etc. It was very cool back when you could go right to the knowledge mountain. Business is business …

Quote Originally Posted by gfd View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that since White River Marine group aka BassProShops/Tracker boats took over Ranger Boats the lines of communications to the factory customer support or tech service is almost nonexistent. The website refers you to a dealer & when you call about a technical or specification question, you're always referred to the dealership as well. Ranger's customer support is second to none. The fact that you cannot talk to them direct is annoying.
    Those folks are at Vexus now. Customer service went with them.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    My dealership’s staff are on the water every working day and deal with every aspect of boat, trailer, and engine work for hundreds of customers each year. Corporate customer service such as warranty claims, delays on ordered boats or parts, etc. is a different animal from technical/mechanical advice. If you have difficulty obtaining factory customer service, PM me your details and I can help. If you have difficulty obtaining technical/mechanical advice, ask it on here, or let me know by PM and I will get the answer from my dealer, or you can call them direct: Knox Marine at 740-694-7774 Tuesday thru Saturday.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    I remember the days when it was Top of the line customer service. They have proven it is possible, and a loyal following was the result.

I had a great customer service experience with them earlier this year. I ordered a seat skin and was told it could take 13 weeks. I had no problem and figured I’d get it when I got it. I received a call the 13th week and was given an apology that it wasn’t ready yet but would be receiving it soon. Sure enough in the next week or two I received it. I appreciated the courtesy call and thought they went above and beyond to keep me in the loop. They obviously had my info on their calendar and made a point to advise me.

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Those folks are at Vexus now. Customer service went with them.

Nice try

9. Member
    pretty much all the boat builder want to run parts thru a dealer because a lot of the time the end user dont really know what they need an its a pain to pull it an ship it once an really a pain an a huge waste of time to do it twice. when vexus builds as many boats a day as white river folks do then you can crow about great service .

10. Member
    Pre White River, Ranger had the BassCat way of customer support, dealing directly with the customer when needed.
    Post White River, Ranger has adopted the Skeeter way of customer support, EVERYTHING through the dealer.

11. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Ranger Parts closed in 2014?
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by gfd View Post
    Yes I have...... What a shame!
    Retired 2022...Ranger 2011 Z520, OptiMax 250 1B822149, 8" Bob's Jack-plate, Helix 12si / Helix12di, Duel 12' Talon's, Ultrex 112 i-Pilot Link, Mega 360 and Bravo XS 25.
    At ~400 hours had injectors clean and calibrated by INTEGRITY Injection (by
    European Marine)

Thanks for the replies. I'll def keep you in mind jc2bg.

2021 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Pro XS

I've had nothing but good service from them this year and last year. But recently was told to go through my dealer, no problem since my dealer is good to work with, like Johns I guess.

15. Member
    My son bought a brand new 518 and after two months started having issues with the boat. Trim falling off, screws falling out, a laundry list of things. Appears attention to detail and cost saving has affected quality control.

Quote Originally Posted by par4me123 View Post
    My son bought a brand new 518 and after two months started having issues with the boat. Trim falling off, screws falling out, a laundry list of things. Appears attention to detail and cost saving has affected quality control.
    Yes indeed. There were 2 floor drains that weren't installed & I had to add them myself. The paint on the deck was minimally coated in some areas then the rest. Had to touch them up as well. Center hatch had no gas struts installed to hold the wide lid up. Had to install those too. Just very disappointing now vs the way Ranger's QA & attention to detail is kinda declined now. Their quality, craftsmanship & customer service was the reason why I got another Ranger boat. What a shame.

2021 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Pro XS

You guys are the anomaly…most guys are raving about quality/fit-finish.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Unfortunately this is what the internet has become. Easy to criticize anonymously.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    i took lots of pics of my "anomalies" for future reference--the fenders look great but I can feel all the metallic in them like a cheese grater the clear is so thin
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    i took lots of pics of my "anomalies" for future reference--the fenders look great but I can feel all the metallic in them like a cheese grater the clear is so thin

Good for you. Those issues should definitely be taken care of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast