LVS 34 IS NOT WORKING

I am not sure what is wrong with my LVS 34. It is not reading at all. No temp, depth or bottom. I am using a garmin EchoMap 12 for viewing. I have installed all of the latest updates from ActiveCaptain. I also tried to restore the unit to original factory settings and this did not help, either. Also on the unit screen, it does say a LVS 34 is connected.
    Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    Have you used it before an it worked previously?
    Are you on the water or in the garage?
    What unit are you using? Maybe a 126? There is not a 12.
    How about a screenshot?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Have you used it before an it worked previously? - YES, IT HAS WORKED PREVIOUSLY
    Are you on the water or in the garage? - NOTICED IT ON THE WATER
    What unit are you using? Maybe a 126? There is not a 12. - ECHOMAP ULTRA 126sv - software version- v21.00 LiveScope version- v2.58
    How about a screenshot?
    Also notice when I factory restored it, it when directly to down mode, when it is clearly in forward mode.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipperGrandDaddy View Post
    Also notice when I factory restored it, it when directly to down mode, when it is clearly in forward mode.
    This is a dead giveaway that either your installation has issues or the AHRS isn't working correctly. Most are very careful to mount the transducer to the trolling motor shaft precisely according to the drawing. That assumes you TM shaft is plumb in the water. Verify the mounting. Post a pic of it. Then, while on the water drop a plumb line (heavy lure on your line) down beside the deployed TM. You want to check to one side and directly in front of it. It's not a quick fix to adjust the mounting of the TM, so if that's it, a quick temp fix would be:
    1. Take the orientation off AUTO and set it Manual Forward.
    2. Go to a place where you know the bottom is flat and know about how deep it is.
    3. Set the Range to 50 and the Depth to at lease 10 ft more than the actual depth. Set the Gain to 75, NR off, TVG Off, GR Off. Ignore that the screen is messy.
    4. Go into the Installation and turn AHRS Off. Now adjust the appearance of the bottom on screen to be level.

At this point if you don't see the bottom, you've probably got a bad transducer. You need to call Garmin support.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.