Cockpit Flooring

Hey Guys:

I'm looking to remove the carpet from the cockpit area and replace with the EVA foam (SeaDek or alternative) like they are now offering in the high end Skeeters. Anytime it rains or water gets in this area the carpet stays wet forever unless I vac it out.

Has anybody done this and what product did you use?

I presume once the carpet is pulled out one must scrape/clean the adhesive from the fiberglass to prep the surface for the foam.

Also, having a template for this would be ideal and I have not found a company that has this....yet. I'm running a 2018 Skeeter ZX225 and unfortunately the cockpit layout is a bit different than the new Skeeters.

Thoughts?

2. Member

3. Member
    20210220_155641.jpg

I put SeaDek in my 2001 ZX190. I made a template out of cardboard. Bought the SeaDek off Amazon. Believe it was $150 for a 4'x8' sheet. My carpet pulled up pretty easily but I believe it was original carpet. Used a palm sander and shop vac to remove the old glue.

4. Member
    If you decide to replace the carpet in your boats cockpit area, I'd recommend you go with a darker color of SeaDek etc., as lighter colors tend to show dirt, marks etc and will require cleaning. I know this from experience as I put SeaDek (similar grey color as shown in the above link for Dura Dek marine) in my aluminum boat and I have to clean it more frequently than carpet. I do like the SeaDek, just that the lighter colors require more frequent cleaning than carpet.
    Last edited by chwebmaker; 08-20-2022 at 02:27 PM.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

5. Member
    I sent an email after I called and didn't get an answer. The guy called me back about 20 mins minutes later and was super nice on the phone.

Not sure, but he might be a limited man operation and overwhelmed with biz.

I need to call him back and order the piece for my boat.

I filled out the online quote form, he texted me back saying to call him but I haven't had the chance.