#FRB

Fixing to pull the trigger on an LVS34 and echomap 10". Couple questions.

As the title states, I'm about to join the FFS club.

I've heard that the FFS box and the larger screen need their own 10g wire. Could a single 8g power and ground with a distro block run the box and 10" screen or do the units not like to share? Just seems odd to me that people say they need such a large wire when it doesn't look like they pull anywhere close to the amperage to need it. I'll go ahead and replace my 6 y/o group 31 agm with a new group 31 agm while I'm in there since my batteries are such a bear to get in and out of my bilge...pair of 29's gotta come out to access the 31 tucked up under the back deck.

I run a Tracker and it sits nose high so my Ultrex isn't exactly straight up and down. Anything I need to do as far as setup goes on the motor shaft? My buddy has the 32 on his Champion that also sits nose high so I guess I could just pick his brain while he does most of the install up there. I'll also get the mount for shallow water.

Are my observations correct about the echomap being quick disconnect and the cheaper gpsmap unit not being quick disconnect? My boat is carport kept and I'm pretty spoiled with not having to mess around with plugs on my pair of 7" echomaps. I'll keep my existing 7" echomap up front for mapping and 2d. I can't remember anything ever being stolen around here but I'm a lot more likely to not temp fate if I don't have to mess with plugs.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

The current draw for these two units combined are 3.5 amps which would yield a drop of .17 volts on a 30 ft run of #8 AWG wire (two 15 foot runs).
    I don’t know of any reason for the two units to be on separate 12 volt sources, I run an LVS32 and Echomap 10 Ultra from a 30 AH Lithium. I mounted the battery and black box in one of my front compartments because I had zero space in the bilge and all three batteries were heavily loaded.
    The Echomap series is cradle mounted so removing it for storage is very simple and quick. I would, however, drill a hole for a safety clip if the unit is mounted on the bow.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    8 awg is plenty for both. I run Livescope box and a 106 EM on single run of 10 awg. Both connect to a terminal block.
    Yes EM Ultra has the quick disconnect bail mount. You will probably be OK on the troll motor.
    If it is that out of plumb you can probably take transducer down a click or two.

I would highly recommend getting a 30ah Lithium and mounting it up front as Bill said. Saving the money on the marine wire is half the cost of the Lithium Battery.

Ionic bluetooth IMO are best and really good 11 year warranty.

5. #FRB
    I'm on the fence about 10" vs 12". It's only money but it's a $600 difference. The only reason I'm able to afford this now is because my truck and boat are paid for which freed up a lot of cash. I'm treating myself. I did ask my buddy what he thought and his response was "you're 40 years old and your eyes are already $hit. You should know the answer". Ugh, my checking account is about to take a beating.

I do come from a car audio background that goes back 20 years and still run a fairly intense system in my truck to this day. 12v is kind of my thing so that's why I was questioning the comments from people on this forum over the past few years saying each unit needed their own 10g run. I'm just going to run wire to the big cranking battery. All it's doing right now is cranking the big motor and running a pair of 7" Echomaps. Rarely if ever run pumps or lights.
    Last edited by Highcentered; 08-14-2022 at 09:01 AM.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. #FRB
    Echomap 12 and lvs34 ordered from our resident HAWG. Yeah that hurt like hell but should be worth it once I learn to read it. I'll get the rest of the stuff to wire things up once I know exactly where I'm putting the black box and how I want to situate things.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Cool deal! You're gonna love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    Echomap 12 and lvs34 ordered from our resident HAWG. Yeah that hurt like hell but should be worth it once I learn to read it. I'll get the rest of the stuff to wire things up once I know exactly where I'm putting the black box and how I want to situate things.
    Steve in Texas
    1999 ChampioN 203 DC
    2011 Mercury Optimax 250 Pro XS
    Ultrex 36v 112# - 2 10" Helix - 1 10" Garmin for Livescope Plus