Abu Fantasista X

Anybody use these rods? I am curious as to what they would compare to. Specifically casting rods that would be used for bottom contact applications like jigs, worms, etc. If anybody has any experience with these I would greatly appreciate some feedback.

2. Member
    I just got a 6'10" MH on the August sale from Tackle Warehouse. It just arrived today so I haven't used it, but it's a beautiful rod with excellent fit & finish, and more guides than most casting rods. Don't know how it will perform yet, but I'll look good on the water!

3. Member
    Not much out there on these rods but I found a pretty good deal on one and I was looking for a jig rod so I figured I would give it a try. I ordered a 7'3" H and it should arrive today or tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it out on the water.

4. Member
    Don't forget to give your reviews, guys, once you've had the rods out a few times.

5. Member
    They shipped it in a cardboard box that showed up completely destroyed. The tip portion of the rod is missing and a couple eyes were bent. It may be a little while before I can give a review but whenever I get a replacement I will.

6. Member
    Who delivered? USPS. I am from Chicago and our postal workers are known to steal or dump mail.

7. Member
    UPS shipped it. I had one contact with Pure Fishing and sent them the information and pictures of the damaged package and rod but haven't heard back from them since.

8. Member
    I have owned, and extensively fished the Fantasista Premier line of rods which the X replaced and I can tell you that the X feels like a step down from the Premier lines of rods. I see this all the time with rod companies. Hit it out of the park with a particular rod build, and then with all the marketing and sales pressure to create a new buzz/revenue, they change a line that was a great success (Exprides, Steez, NRX+) and in the process end up changing the characteristics of that rod that made it great into a different rod. Anyone who has fished the new Expride understands those blanks are jacked up stiff, almost like closing the face of a 9 iron to make it hit the ball further and making is a 7 iron in the process.

The Premier line of rods were a homerun, and still own a few and looking to get my hands on a few more. The X line I have tried and ended up sending back for a refund as they just didn't feel the same (disappointing in my view). That is my opinion after having time on the water with the X line of rods. For the price point, I think there are better options...