Vexus Cover Modification

So having to store my boat outside I’ve never been happy with the factory cover having an opening over the splash well. I live in the woods and leaves/pine needles and other stuff would get blown into the boat and make a mess. I wanted a fix to enclose the splash well.

My regular cover guy has pretty much switched over to making transport covers for Indy car and NHRA cars so was too backed up to mess with a fix for me. I saw a recommendation from the guys on the Indiana board about a lady close to me that does great work.

I contacted her and she said she could get me in in a couple weeks and we set an appointment. I dropped it off on Wednesday and she texted me Thursday to come get the boat. It’s not perfect but I think it’s as good as anyone could make it. I’m very happy with the results and I’m pretty confident there will be a significant reduction of tree detritus in my boat.

F5DFD9F6-31F9-491D-B79E-CCEA3CB7F27C.jpeg

92E7D699-B19B-4163-9E47-C5B3BF9D3B8F.jpeg

2. Member
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

3. Member
    very nice job!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Nice work!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

Early report; I had to take the cover off yesterday to start a rigging compartment project. The splash well was free of tree debris. I’m super pleased with the mod and texted the lady who did it to express my appreciation for a job well done.

6. Member
    This looks like the way to go. I to have to store my AVX1980 outside and all the leaves and pollen from the trees at my house makes there way through that opening and all over the inside of the boat. I usually have to vacuum out my boat before each trip because of this. I was wanting a solution and talking to some auto interior companies in my area and no one would take this on for me. Id also be interested in having some type of reinforcement sown into the cover where it lays over the trolling motor prop. This is an area where a hole is just waiting to happen.

Im curious does this lady you used have a business name and phone number? Id love to send her my cover to have this done if possible, OfCourse I would pay for the shipping both ways and inconvenience of having to deal with someone that isnt local. Id really like to have this done before the fall otherwise Im going to have to bite the bullet and pay to store my boat through the winter, and indoor storage feels around here are over 200 bucks a month. I really dont want to do that when I have a perfectly good driveway.
    "Im ya huckleberry." Chasin bass and rippin lips is just my game.

Here is her website https://www.hollysmarineupholstery.com/

I don’t know if she can do the mod without having your boat but it’s definitely worth a call. She was super to deal with.with winter just around the corner she might have time to work on yours.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    Here is her website https://www.hollysmarineupholstery.com/

I don’t know if she can do the mod without having your boat but it’s definitely worth a call. She was super to deal with.with winter just around the corner she might have time to work on yours.
    Sorry for the very late reply. Life got me and just been busy as heck the last couple months. Thanks for leaving the website though. Im going to try and get in touch with them. My boat will be going into storage for the winter in about a month here so that will be the perfect time to do it. Since Im in California I was going to see if I could somehow mark the area of the cover that requires reinforcement and ship the cover to her with those markings. Dont know is she will go for it, but it doesnt hurt to ask.
    "Im ya huckleberry." Chasin bass and rippin lips is just my game.