Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I typically am in the right lane going through the area when traffic is light like but when things pick up I'm in the left, just wanting to get a general consensus here as I don't want to be on the "Whats your pet peeve" thread.
    Sounds like you aren’t doing anything wrong then.

Washington / Oregon drivers are the absolute worst when it comes to left lane camping. On a trip to eastern Washington I typically pass more in the far right lane than left because it’s so clogged up.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Member
    Why do people feel it necessary to pick one lane to stay in for the entire section of possible right turns, when there are other people trying to pass? I get that very few people want to slow down for a person turning, but when “that guy” plants himself at 45 or 46 in the left lane when there is plenty of space/distance in the right to allow faster cars to pass, that’s where the drama is created.

Im gonna have to get my white NB’s with Velcro soon. Most days, I cruise in the right lane trying to stay out of the way
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

3. Member
    In town, out of town, highway, doesn't matter. The left lane is not designed or intended for cruising on American roadways. I'm not saying you're "right or wrong" for cruising in the left lane (though the DMV does), just that all of our roadways with more than one lane of travel (same direction) are designed for left-lane passing. It really is that simple. If one were going to use the roadway as intended and designed, .. .when you need to be in the left lane for passing or to turn left, happy day... that's what it's there for.

If you think the left lane can be used as you see fit whenever you want and everyone else should just slow down... well... you're not right, but... as you've noticed, you're also very much not alone.

from the DMV:
    https://www.dmv.org/travel/driving-e...afety-tips.php

Don't Cruise in the Passing Lane

While a lot of drivers may think of it as “the fast lane," the left lane generally should only be used for passing other vehicles. Cruising in the left lane, especially if cars begin to pass you on the right, creates a dangerous environment on the road.
    Proper etiquette states that you should always drive the speed limit and only use the left lane when overtaking a slower moving vehicle.
    Last edited by NoZero; 08-12-2022 at 10:08 PM.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

4. Member
    I guess another thing I might add is the amounts of traffic lights, there are 6 in the area I'm referring to and it's a 5 mile stretch.

5. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    In the big city ... the lanes are for combat, period.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

6. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    if you're in town just pick a lane and go with the flow... quit bitchin about people driving in the left lane. if they weren't there you'd only save about a minute anyway.. and in the OP's scenario he is doing just fine.. And since it's Harrison you'll only in the whole damn thing in a few minutes anyway, even if you're following a golf cart

Speaking of Harrison,,,, What's Johnny got going at Dog Patch?

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    if you're in town just pick a lane and go with the flow... quit bitchin about people driving in the left lane. if they weren't there you'd only save about a minute anyway.. and in the OP's scenario he is doing just fine.. And since it's Harrison you'll only in the whole damn thing in a few minutes anyway, even if you're following a golf cart

Went through there on the 16th of July, lot of ground work has been done but can't really make out what the plan is. There are a few original structures still standing.

8. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Went through there on the 16th of July, lot of ground work has been done but can't really make out what the plan is. There are a few original structures still standing.
    I remember that place back in it's heyday,, we went over a few times.. i used to wonder how the place made it in BFE,,, well it turns out it didn't .. If they could have held on a few more years they might have made it once Branson went totally insane..

9. Member
    I remember that place back in it's heyday,, we went over a few times.. i used to wonder how the place made it in BFE,,, well it turns out it didn't .. If they could have held on a few more years they might have made it once Branson went totally insane..
    I've only been here 10 years now, from South Arkansas, but my parents came up here to Dog Patch a few times back in it's "heyday".

There are various levels and types of a-holes. One thing they all have in common is that they're a-holes.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    ride that left lane or else your going to be wearing out your brakes each time someone wants to turn into a business. The way I see it, I paid taxes that built the roads just like any other working person, so I'll ride in any lane I choose, LOL. Heck half the folks on the road don't work anyway.
    Which is exactly the inconsiderate line of thought that makes these posts/topic relavant.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    There are various levels and types of a-holes. One thing they all have in common is that they're a-holes.
    Well I wouldn’t say all of them are a-holes … 2nd thought … yeah they’re all a-holes. Central FL is where the term originated probably.

13. Member
    If you are in town or on a bypass that has multiple business such as gas stations, restaurants, etc. and the speed limit is 45 is it acceptable to drive in the left lane? I feel that if I'm not turning right into a business then it should be because why have to slow down to an almost dead stop because the person in front of you is turning right into Dollar General and then the person after that is right turning into Sonic. I feel like in this situation the left lane is for people who aren't going to be turning right then once you get out of the commercial areas go back to the right lane. Am I correct on this thinking? My town has a 4 lane bypass that turns into a 4 lane highway and basically all the restaurants, convenience stores, and business are along this route which continues once you leave town. The speed limit is 45 yet people act as though it's 65. Again I stay in the left lane unless I will be turning into a business on the right but once I pass Walmart I'm back to the right.
    Absolutely is acceptable!

Correct but in town, even though it's a highway/bypass the speed limit is 45 technically nobody should be passing per say I just use it as an "I'm not turning right lane" and once things open up I go to the right lane. Am I correct or being an A-hole?
    IMO you are in the right.

If you can get through Harrison in a few minutes, you must be coming through at 3 AM. Worst part of any trip I make to Bull Shoals is getting through Harrison.

16. Member
    Move to the right here, go ahead. I'll plan on meeting you about 10 minutes later, maybe 15.
    You'll not enjoy stop & go fun plus you'll be in a world of hurt trying to negotiate back left.
    We take the lane needed for our intentions in the next mile, at a bare minimum, or it's ugly.

17. Member
    Stay right, unless to pass.

Left laners are probably the same people tge go over speed bumps in parking lots atthe speed of glue and take 7 minutes to pull into or out of a parking space.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 08-13-2022 at 07:59 AM.

19. Member
    If there is NO ONE in front of you and a LINE OF CARS behind you---

You Are The Problem. No Matter WHAT SPEED you are running. MOVE OVER>

20. Scraps
    See this every day on my commute. It increases the number of people passing on the right which can end disasterously. The ones that really bug me are the "professional" truck drivers that should know better. Not a slight to truck drivers, just to ones that should be prohibited from driving in general.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast